question about brakes

Related:
Create New Tag

8/12/2007 7:11 PM

i have the stock tektro brakes and i was wondering if i get the demolition brakes, will my brakes work betr???

|

8/13/2007 12:15 AM

anything not stock is good. get the fly brakes, they are killa. 75$ worth

|

8/13/2007 10:28 AM

ConspiracyStepUp wrote:

Yea..Demolition brakes will work alot better. I replaced my tektros with the Odyssey Evo II and they work alot better.

|

8/13/2007 10:52 AM

ConspiracyStepUp wrote:

RideItUp wrote:

Yea..Demolition brakes will work alot better. I replaced my tektros with the Odyssey Evo II and they work alot better.

they should if you get them and dial them in

|

8/13/2007 11:53 AM

I have a tecktro and it works great all i did what adjust the cables and it works fine, but high profile spring where can i get small lower profile brakes so that my 28T sprockets wont rub against on it.

|

8/13/2007 2:42 PM

BJlagman wrote:

I have a tecktro and it works great all i did what adjust the cables and it works fine, but high profile spring where can i get small lower profile brakes so that my 28T sprockets wont rub against on it.

It's all about getting your shit dialed. Adjust the cables and tension to your liking, if your rim isn't machine, machine it... etc.

|

I'm not ignorant, I'm just working on my senelity.

8/13/2007 4:07 PM

BJlagman wrote:

karsk wrote:

It's all about getting your shit dialed. Adjust the cables and tension to your liking, if your rim isn't machine, machine it... etc.

karsk wrote:
if your rim isn't machine, machine it

The fuck does a machined rim mean? Like as in your rim is true?
|

REFS: trickbiker169, Dah Man, letstartariot, Hofmann Scarab

8/14/2007 12:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 3:56 PM

BJlagman wrote:

karsk wrote:

3PieceWillie wrote: karsk wrote:

get the demo's i had evo II's and they were heaps \"shit\" compared to demo brakes

|

8/14/2007 3:59 PM

karsk wrote:

Fitlife89 wrote:

get the demo's i had evo II's and they were heaps \"shit\" compared to demo brakes

If you don't know how to properly adjust brakes, then it doesn't matter what kind you get because no brakes work if they are not dialed in correctly. Learn how to set brakes up properly, you might find out yours may work just fine if you get them set up the right way.

|

8/15/2007 12:52 PM

BJlagman wrote:

karsk wrote:

3PieceWillie wrote:
karsk wrote:

machined, as in roughed up. If you machine your rim (if it's not a chrome rim) it will give a rougher surface, which allows for a better braking surface.

I used an pneumatic air tool with a wheel for removing paint. But you could use a dremmel tool or something similar. I don't think you'd get anywhere with sandpaper, but it is worth a try.
|

I'm not ignorant, I'm just working on my senelity.