question about jcpc pedals

Related:
Create New Tag

12/13/2013 11:21 PM

Is it possible to make one side flat with no pins and keep the pins on the other side ? I know this is probably been discussed a thousand times but i im on my phone and its too slow to search the forums

|

12/13/2013 11:32 PM

Yes, I know loads of people who have done it.

|

12/13/2013 11:42 PM

If you completely remove the pins on one side of the pedal it will wobble but sounds like your just gonna flip the pins you should be good

|

BikeCheck Refs:

BEASTASSDICKwink,Flocka Myers, ecuadevil,White Knight, bmxing12 ,obiwan chromoly,ScramHype, Hatebreeder,SnM An1mal,isnowyaznV2

12/14/2013 12:15 AM

oscar5788 wrote:

If you completely remove the pins on one side of the pedal it will wobble but sounds like your just gonna flip the pins you ...more

I want them to be bald on one side and have the pins on the other

|

12/14/2013 12:17 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Yes, I know loads of people who have done it.

Do you know how ? Do they make pins that are short enough to still tighten the pedal but not sick out

|

12/14/2013 12:18 AM

oscar5788 wrote:

If you completely remove the pins on one side of the pedal it will wobble but sounds like your just gonna flip the pins you ...more

Removing the pins from the other side of the pedal was what i was planning.

Does it really make it wobble? sad

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

12/14/2013 12:19 AM

justin vogelsberger wrote:

just take out the pins that face out on one side, and flip them so they stick out on the other side. it'll have twice as many pins on that side then and the other side will be bald, it should work

|

12/14/2013 12:44 AM

oscar5788 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

just take out the pins that face out on one side, and flip them so they stick out on the other side. it'll have twice as many ...more

I'm pretty sure this is how people I know have done it, if I can I'll check today.

|

12/14/2013 12:58 AM

I have the pins removed on one side on both pedals. You just need to tighten up the pins on the remaining side

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

12/14/2013 1:25 AM

Yes. I'm doing that currently.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/14/2013 5:56 AM

Yes. Remove the pins from one side of the pedal, then go to any hardware store and grab some shorter bolts of the same size and thread, that way they dont or barely stick out, and put them in backwards. Hope this helped. Goodluck.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/14/2013 10:21 AM

Just take them out and forget about them, you only need six per pedal really.

|

Refs: lirider187, lifeofriden2200, howlerfbm, ride4jesus1111, Showtime402, Verdecustom, DontDELETEmePLEASEandTHANKyou, Kymike x2, hookjrclc, ScramHype x2. obiwan chromoly, Brokenbmx, susboi, Overtaker2.25, ecuadevil x3, MaximusBikes.

12/14/2013 10:23 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Yes. Remove the pins from one side of the pedal, then go to any hardware store and grab some shorter bolts of the same size ...more

you DONT need to do this

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/14/2013 12:14 PM

I'm running them with Pins one side only! & the whole wobble thing! They wobble out of the sodding box!! From What I gathered, because they are Bearingless, IF you were to clamp them up so tight to eliminate the wobbly they wouldn't move on the spindle! They are Great Pedals & the wobble is SUPER Minimal! When You are riding them (At Least For Me!) You really don't notice it!

|

12/14/2013 2:35 PM

This is how i have my right pedal setup, I have very little wobble compared to completely removing the pins Photo

|

BikeCheck Refs:

BEASTASSDICKwink,Flocka Myers, ecuadevil,White Knight, bmxing12 ,obiwan chromoly,ScramHype, Hatebreeder,SnM An1mal,isnowyaznV2

12/14/2013 4:21 PM

oscar5788 wrote:

oscar5788 wrote:

This is how i have my right pedal setup, I have very little wobble compared to completely removing the pins Photo

what is holding the pedals together?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

12/14/2013 5:37 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

You can clearly see the head of the bolts

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

12/14/2013 6:05 PM

most people (most of my friends included) who do a lot of pedal and luc-e grinds just double the pins on one side
it feels so nice and locked on, and jcpc's are an amazing pedal
the replacement body is 7 bucks, so you dont need to replace as often

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/14/2013 7:33 PM

oscar5788 wrote:

feeble_to_face wrote:

Gump wrote:

You can clearly see the head of the bolts

i can't sorry

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

12/14/2013 8:02 PM

Yeah, grease and WD-40 will leak though.

|

12/15/2013 2:02 PM

Ill probably try doubling up the pins on one side , when i do pedal grinds though will the heads of the screws get fucked up ? Like how will i undo them if i replace the bodies

|