questions

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2014 10:06 PM

1. Are regular sun envy rims good to go for park/street/dirt riding?
2. Same thing above but with maxxis dth tires.
3. Someone tell me about your Odsy hawk tires.

|

2/8/2014 10:08 PM

Yup
I think theyre more race/trails tries
I dont have them but a lot of people like them.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

2/8/2014 10:12 PM

Hawk tires are great for everything except dirt of course. I can definitely vouch for them cause I've had them twice, with my second set currently right now from July brand new. You can ALWAYS trust Odyssey tires for being super thick. Haven't EVER had flats. *knock on wood* And they last forever if you pick the right kind, like regular versions and something like Aitkens.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

2/8/2014 10:14 PM

Ok. I was either getting dth tires or hawks. With the hawks I get to have that HUGE Odyssey logo.

|

2/8/2014 10:15 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Ok. I was either getting dth tires or hawks. With the hawks I get to have that HUGE Odyssey logo.

I personally think it looks ugly as SHITE but hey, to each their own.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

2/9/2014 5:36 AM

Odyssey hawk tires are good if you are using them for street, the can be a litle slippery in concrete park.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/9/2014 7:56 AM

Yeah sun envy rims are good and I've never had the hawks but alot of people say they're really good tires on almost anything some say they slip out alot but with all the good reviews its worth a shot

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

2/9/2014 8:05 AM

^Plus they last forever

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/9/2014 8:24 AM

Massis tire are the s*it.. Never had a hawks tire so i can't say nothin bad.. The Maxxis grifter last forever & work great on street and park .as for dirt rear only.. Maxxis dth would be a good front tire. Just my opinion.. They are worth the extra money 4 yrs one flat

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

2/9/2014 8:43 AM

More info for tires, I am a park rat so concrete is my riding surface.

|

2/9/2014 8:56 AM

I have heard that deharts are good. You could alzó but aitkens, which are good too

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/9/2014 9:46 AM

Aitkens and GLHs are the best tyres I've ran, and I ride mostly concrete park as well.

|

2/9/2014 8:12 PM

Hawks for life, I love mine soo much. I've had them for almost a year now and there still going strong I've only slipped out once on them at the park because I was leaning extremely far on a flat part but other than that they are awesome on park and street and look better than any other tire IMO. I'm gonna take them to the trails tomorrow for the first time I'm curious to see how they do since parts of the local trails are really smooth.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

2/9/2014 10:05 PM

I highly suggest Primo WLTs.

Only had them for a few weeks but heres my experience so far...

Got tired of waiting inside for all the snow to melt, so rode through snow and mud the entire way to a VERY smoothly paved black top parking lot. By the time I got there, they were covered in road salt, snow, and mud. I wiped them off the best I could before throwing in a flatland session. I was completely amazed at how well these things gripped to the smooth ass (and even partially wet) asphalt regardless of how nasty and dirty they were. I did not slide out once my entire session. They gripped better in these poor conditions than my Fit FAF 2.25 / Animal GLH have ever gripped to ROUGH concrete on a sunny summers day.

I then took them to my local park which has been renowned (lately) for being slippery. I remember the time before I went with my FAF and GLH, I slid out left and right. These tires didnt move in any which way they were not intended to. Even during times that I SHOULD have slid out, they stayed very true.

The wrap around tread is GENIUS. I have gotten the sidewalls almost completely on the ground without falling/slipping out. They are thick aswell, the same thickness as my GLH.

Ive also gotten a ton of compliments for how they look. They are based off of the original Primo Wall tires which were considered the best tire available for a number of years.

I have not put them on dirt, and imagine they wouldn't be too good there, but for wood/concrete they are the best things I have ever felt. They also come in a very yellowish gum sidewall that would look sweet on your build.

I give them 10/10 for the first few weeks of owning them.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/9/2014 10:09 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I highly suggest Primo WLTs.

Only had them for a few weeks but heres my experience so far...

Got tired of waiting inside for all the snow to melt, so rode through snow and mud the entire way to a VERY smoothly paved black top parking lot. By the time I got there, they were covered in road salt, snow, and mud. I wiped them off the best I could before throwing in a flatland session. I was completely amazed at how well these things gripped to the smooth ass (and even partially wet) asphalt regardless of how nasty and dirty they were. I did not slide out once my entire session. They gripped better in these poor conditions than my Fit FAF 2.25 / Animal GLH have ever gripped to ROUGH concrete on a sunny summers day.

I then took them to my local park which has been renowned (lately) for being slippery. I remember the time before I went with my FAF and GLH, I slid out left and right. These tires didnt move in any which way they were not intended to. Even during times that I SHOULD have slid out, they stayed very true.

The wrap around tread is GENIUS. I have gotten the sidewalls almost completely on the ground without falling/slipping out. They are thick aswell, the same thickness as my GLH.

Ive also gotten a ton of compliments for how they look. They are based off of the original Primo Wall tires which were considered the best tire available for a number of years.

I have not put them on dirt, and imagine they wouldn't be too good there, but for wood/concrete they are the best things I have ever felt. They also come in a very yellowish gum sidewall that would look sweet on your build.

I give them 10/10 for the first few weeks of owning them.

Well this might just have sold me.

|

2/9/2014 10:13 PM

Photo
|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

2/9/2014 10:15 PM

And let me mention theyre $21 a pop which is pretty cheap for a nice set of tires in todays market.

|

2/9/2014 10:41 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

And let me mention theyre $21 a pop which is pretty cheap for a nice set of tires in todays market.

I get it. These things are better than a handjob frpm a handmodel. Will be buying. Thanks AGAIN tim.

|

2/9/2014 10:53 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

I get it. These things are better than a handjob frpm a handmodel. Will be buying. Thanks AGAIN tim.

No problem buddy.

|

2/9/2014 10:58 PM

Any has tried the ltd?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/10/2014 12:37 AM

I would not buy any rims other than ODYSSEY. especially 7-KA's and HAZARDS, they are light and bomb proof.
personally I love the Premium Refuse Resist Folding. If had one I been using for about 3 years and as a spare after some replacment tires wore out. The Premium tires are super light, grippy and I think they look nice. The tread lasts forever on these things.

|

2/10/2014 3:24 AM

We are talking about tires lol.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER