quick question

Related:
Create New Tag

11/30/2011 8:40 AM

does madera give lifetime warranty's on cranks like profile being that they're the same company?

|

Refs: netty speghetti, aw1234512[x2], Dudeisdrumer109, daniel21, paVimo, ticaleb, Showtime402[x2], brendan.magner.9
VIDEO OF OUR DIRT SKATEPARK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54l6T-1xEwo

11/30/2011 8:44 AM

What's the difference between Madera Cranks and Profile Race Cranks?
--The biggest difference between the two is that Profile Race Cranks are stamped with the Profile Logo and feature more finish work before they are chromed or powdercoated. The tubing is the same for both. Madera Cranks are only available with solid CrMo BB spindles, and are only available in black. While Profile Racing crank kits have a Limited Lifetime Warranty on chromemoly arms and spindles, Madera does not.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/30/2011 8:46 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

--The biggest difference between the two is that Profile Race Cranks are stamped with the Profile Logo and feature more finish work before they are chromed or powdercoated. The tubing is the same for both. Madera Cranks are only available with solid CrMo BB spindles, and are only available in black. While Profile Racing crank kits have a Limited Lifetime Warranty on chromemoly arms and spindles, Madera does not.

damnn, should i just spend the extra money on profiles then even though it'll take longer for me to get them and i wont be able to ride as soon?

|

Refs: netty speghetti, aw1234512[x2], Dudeisdrumer109, daniel21, paVimo, ticaleb, Showtime402[x2], brendan.magner.9

11/30/2011 8:47 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

louie101202 wrote:

damnn, should i just spend the extra money on profiles then even though it'll take longer for me to get them and i wont be able to ride as soon?

personally i think profiles are shit. but if your set on them get the profiles.

|

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/30/2011 8:53 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

whatelse would you recommend with good warranty's profile stands behind their shit alot and they're american made but what do you recommend

|

11/30/2011 8:59 AM

louie101202 wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

louie101202 wrote:

whatelse would you recommend with good warranty's profile stands behind their shit alot and they're american made but what do you recommend

I ride Stolen Teams and will always ride them. eclat tiba's are good too and id vouch for the eclat onyx's being strong too. Subrosa bitchin' possibly thunderbolts.

|

11/30/2011 9:01 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

How's that healing coming, old chap?

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/30/2011 9:09 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

That's old info... Protocols now come with the same GDH hollow spindle and also come in Black, Graffiti, Snow, Silvervein, and the all new Fail Red colorway. The only thing I couldn't find in my 2 second google search was warranty info. Trust me, you will get your money's worth out of them long before they break anyway. I have them and I like them. I got Snow which turned out to be kind of a frosty looking grey. I'll sell them to you for $100 shipped. The only reason I'm selling them is because I am picky and I want white (already have white Thunderbolts waiting to be picked up at my LBS)... here's a pick of my Snow Protocols...
Photo

If you buy them I'll even throw in a Shadow Corvus Spanish BB with white spacers. The cranks have only been ridden like 10 times AT MOST and all light riding in the warehouse where I work... no scratches only install marks.

|

11/30/2011 9:09 AM

Redline device are strong, but no warranty. Whatever you get, make it chromo and heat treated, and it should be good. I'm. 280 lbs, I jump to flat ground all the time, and get zero flex from my Redlines. But I would go after the warranty myself. Can't go wrong. worst case scenario, you break them, warranty them, sell them, and get something better.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/30/2011 9:13 AM

bmx214 wrote:

That's old info... Protocols now come with the same GDH hollow spindle and also come in Black, Graffiti, Snow, Silvervein, and the all new Fail Red colorway. The only thing I couldn't find in my 2 second google search was warranty info. Trust me, you will get your money's worth out of them long before they break anyway. I have them and I like them. I got Snow which turned out to be kind of a frosty looking grey. I'll sell them to you for $100 shipped. The only reason I'm selling them is because I am picky and I want white (already have white Thunderbolts waiting to be picked up at my LBS)... here's a pick of my Snow Protocols...
Photo

If you buy them I'll even throw in a Shadow Corvus Spanish BB with white spacers. The cranks have only been ridden like 10 times AT MOST and all light riding in the warehouse where I work... no scratches only install marks.

Nice looking bike. I'm picky like that myself. The off color would drive me nuts!!!!

|

11/30/2011 9:16 AM

bmx214 wrote:

Photo

old info yes, but there warrenty is still the same.... non-exsistent.

|

11/30/2011 9:17 AM

louie101202 wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

How's that healing coming, old chap?

good man, im walking and shit. should be able to get on the mtb this week but it snowed last night. im gonna relax this winter and let my knee truley heal.

|

11/30/2011 9:18 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

I ride Stolen Teams and will always ride them. eclat tiba's are good too and id vouch for the eclat onyx's being strong too. Subrosa bitchin' possibly thunderbolts.

Ahem, you forgot Nomads!

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

11/30/2011 9:19 AM

louie101202 wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

Mattix wrote:

Ahem, you forgot Nomads!

nomads are nice, not my first pick.

|

11/30/2011 9:21 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

bmx214 wrote:

Photo

Brokenbmx wrote:

How many cranks have you had to warranty?
I know of one person that has broken a crank arm and it was an old Odyssey womb... and he didn't even warranty them, he just bought new ones.

|

11/30/2011 9:24 AM

well i actually had profiles for 2 years, crank slides all that and they havent broken, i just didnt send the warranty thing within the 90 days and they were chrome and i wanted black, i hate painting stuff, it annoys me and it alwasy wears off 10x quicker no matter what, i wanted black maderas to flow with my color scheme

|

11/30/2011 9:26 AM

bmx214 wrote:

Photo

Brokenbmx wrote:

bmx214 wrote:

How many cranks have you had to warranty?
I know of one person that has broken a crank arm and it was an old Odyssey womb... and he didn't even warranty them, he just bought new ones.

ive broken three pairs of cranks, all of them being high-end stock. i still like having a warranty to back my shit up. im not saying manderas are bad but if you want that crank buy the ones with a warranty. werid shit happens and things break no matter how strong they are. personally i don't like madera/profiles cranks.

|

11/30/2011 9:27 AM

louie101202 wrote:

well i actually had profiles for 2 years, crank slides all that and they havent broken, i just didnt send the warranty thing within the 90 days and they were chrome and i wanted black, i hate painting stuff, it annoys me and it alwasy wears off 10x quicker no matter what, i wanted black maderas to flow with my color scheme

I'm the same way, don't like painting parts either!

|

11/30/2011 9:36 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

ive broken three pairs of cranks, all of them being high-end stock. i still like having a warranty to back my shit up. im not saying manderas are bad but if you want that crank buy the ones with a warranty. werid shit happens and things break no matter how strong they are. personally i don't like madera/profiles cranks.

I agree that it's nice to have the peace of mind of a warranty for sure. But I wasn't worried about the Madera's because they're basically Profiles without the warranty and I know plenty of peeps around here that have been running them forever without problems. They do flex a little, but nothing that bothers me... I think all cranks flex anyway, maybe some more than others.
That blows my mind tha you've broken so many cranks! But I think the key is that they were all stock cranks. My Kink Barrier came with Mission Transet cranks and I didn't even bother to install them... not heard anything bad about them, but they're $50 cranks, how good can they be? LOL

|

11/30/2011 9:47 AM

louie101202 wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

louie101202 wrote:

just get the profiles,theyll warrnty it if any thing,

|

FREE WI-FI FROM FIT?!?! BIKECHECK DUDES!
refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

11/30/2011 9:57 AM

HAROF2 wrote:

just get the profiles,theyll warrnty it if any thing,

and the cheapest ones in black have gold sparkles sad

|

11/30/2011 10:17 AM

Kink Pillars are nice..Got a friend that snapped Profile cranks, I think he weighs about 150 I think

|

11/30/2011 10:27 AM

WildBycyclist666 wrote:

Kink Pillars are nice..Got a friend that snapped Profile cranks, I think he weighs about 150 I think

damn, i'm 140 but im not too hard landing and my crank slides are kinda nice but im still tossing around on which ones to get with a nice warranty

|