quick question...

Related:
Create New Tag

4/8/2014 11:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2014 11:22 AM

So when riding a freecoaster. When you go into fakie you have to backpedal first right? And with that being said. Would it be a good idea to run only a little slack or is it better to have a good amount.

Just wondering.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

4/8/2014 11:25 AM

You have to back pedal to disengage it, but you do that before you go in to the fakie, so when you go in to a fakie as long as it is disengaged you don't have to pedal back at all.

|

4/8/2014 11:26 AM

Some people like heaps of slack some like very little. It's all personnel preference.

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

4/8/2014 11:40 AM

Gump wrote:

Some people like heaps of slack some like very little. It's all personnel preference.

oh, i just thought there would be some form of benefit, if anything.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

4/8/2014 11:52 AM

I run medium slack on My Ezra, usually run Minimal, but I hadn't been on a Coaster for such a long time I wanted a little more just in case I messed up & it Engaged! Max Slack gives You a bigger margin of error, You can move Your feet around a little whilst in a fakie, but as Gump said it's all personal preference! Remember with MAX slack, You'll have more of a gap when You go to pedal forward! I am REALLY not a fan of almost ghost pedaling before the Driver Engages! One last thing, You can never, ever get rid of that gap only make it less! I run about a 1/4 of a Crank Turn! I know people that have almost a 1/2 which is why I will ALWAYS ask what slacks being run before I just jump on someones Bike with a Coaster!

|

4/8/2014 12:01 PM

You can cheat the slack abit if you want minimal slack. Adjust the coaster to the smallest gap possible and the. Run a larger sprocket. Means a small movement of the pedals for quicker engaugment

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

4/8/2014 12:15 PM

Didn't Know That! ^ ^ ^ Might Have To Give That A Go!

|

4/8/2014 12:26 PM

HALF A CRANK?!?!

Mine were NEVER even a 1/4 crank at MAX slack.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura