quick question

Related:
Create New Tag

6/30/2014 6:32 AM

what is the difference between a halflink chain and a full link besides that a half link has smaller links

|

Fuck BMX

6/30/2014 7:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2014 7:10 AM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Half+link+vs+Full+link+Chains

serously. Half link chains stretch dude to their bent design. They look heavier because they are all bigger links although I havent verified weight on any...

|

6/30/2014 10:48 AM

Half links stretch super easy due to the design. This leads to your driver/sprocket getting demolished.

Some people on here have great experiences with them, but I have a handful of destroyed sprockets and drivers from my Cult and Shadow half links that disagree with them. The Cult SUCKED and fell apart in months. The Shadow lasted a long time but still destroyed everything else in my drivetrain.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/30/2014 12:16 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Half links stretch super easy due to the design. This leads to your driver/sprocket getting demolished.

Some people on here ...more

I have a couple sprockets (turned into clocks) and a Ti Profile driver that say they didn't cause much issue. My first one lasted 5 years, and my current one is clear of 2 years.

Both Shadow Halflinks.

Keep in mind I RARELY run brakeless, so that means minimal pedal pressure, AND when I start cranking at something I ease into it THEN crank hard.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura