quickest and easiest way to raw a frame?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/12/2013 9:51 AM

Photo

What is the best way to raw a frame and fork? I want fast and easy! The bars above in the pic I painted black I painfully rawed with sand paper. It took like a week working like an hour a day. I want to paint frame fork, and cranks and I want to raw them first so what is fastest easiest way? THANKS!
|

5/12/2013 10:00 AM

Pair stripper. All together like an hours project

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/12/2013 10:04 AM

future FBM wrote:

Pair stripper. All together like an hours project

ok ill try it, what shud i use to scrape the paint off? just a standard paint scraper?

|

5/12/2013 10:12 AM

Wire brush, very hard bristled brush, any brush that won't scratch up the metal. You can use paper towels if you want. But the brushes can get into corners where paint doesn't get as affected

|

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/12/2013 10:15 AM

future FBM wrote:

Wire brush, very hard bristled brush, any brush that won't scratch up the metal. You can use paper towels if you want. But the brushes can get into corners where paint doesn't get as affected

ok thanks alot lol i just gotta find someone to loan me money for paint thinner i spent all my money going to a park friday sad

|

5/12/2013 10:28 AM

aircraft paint stripper. and like 10 layers of clear coat.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/12/2013 10:43 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

aircraft paint stripper. and like 10 layers of clear coat.

i wanna paint it lol i just want raw under so it doesnt show f*cking orange it would be annoying under the orange there is gold black and blue and all the scratches are those colors its annoying so when i paint imma raw

|

5/12/2013 10:46 AM

I honestly rattle can it and don't clear, couple coats of paint and you'll be groovy, then when it's taken a shit, raw and repaint, clear is a waste of money unless you keep it raw.

|

5/12/2013 10:51 AM

use aircraft stripper, cake that shit on and wait like 20 minutes most of it will peel right off the rest just spray off with a water hose

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

5/12/2013 10:54 AM

Sand blast would probably be easiest, and its opinion, but use clear. I think it makes my paint jobs look wayyyy better.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/16/2013 4:59 AM

Photo

ended up just sanding took forever i put some hard work into the frame its done forks 60% done hopefully ready to paint like an hour after I get home from school. my dad wouldnt pay for the stripper and I didnt want to wait a week to save up so i just put some hard work in
|

5/16/2013 6:00 AM

what sunday is that ?

|

5/16/2013 6:53 PM

justin vogelsberger wrote:

what sunday is that ?

funday v1 21tt 13.5 cs

|

5/16/2013 6:56 PM

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

putting together tomorrow. painted frame and fork bars are new clamp is new. I gotta get my new back wheel laced for now im riding a mission/stolen wheel i laced with bad hop in it lol.
|

5/16/2013 7:13 PM

thats gonna be nice af ! i want your frame

|

5/17/2013 4:00 AM

lol yeah thanks. i love the frame it is perfect geo although if i could have a 13.130 rear end like the broadcaster it would be nice but it has perfect geo now

|

5/17/2013 5:14 AM

brandon.hankinson.3 wrote:

lol yeah thanks. i love the frame it is perfect geo although if i could have a 13.130 rear end like the broadcaster it would be nice but it has perfect geo now

i got a ian , 13.75 slammed aha

|