quik slic cable

Related:
Create New Tag

2/5/2014 10:03 PM

I got a free springfield brake kit from my friends sunday complete and i want to try running brakes but the fit brake mounts dont have the little slit so i can't get the cable in the mount. (im a noob with brakes) Whats a good cable that i can use with these mounts?

|

2/5/2014 10:21 PM

Tree cable. Best cable I've ever used by far. Pair it up with a Fly cable hanger.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

2/5/2014 10:25 PM

what size would you recommend?

|

2/5/2014 10:40 PM

Ive heard good things about the tree cable I'll definitely be getting one in the future

|

REFSREFS: Four, agfracing, bmx4life121303, Austin_Read, the balt, handlebar-to-face, Murtaugh, killjonken, Bmx&volkswagens, TCbmx(x2), spikez5, A08, SuperstarDK, blizzbikes, ecuadevil, BMX4Lyfee, Kroller, 2283kdogg, ShadowBmx1995, WeAreFucked, killedglamour, Showtime402, ScramHype, Prophet, 2wheelguy, ugot2dewitt, Sancheezz, tomdon five16-207-nine457

2/6/2014 7:16 AM

If you run straight cable, get the 44" Tree SB.

But im not understanding why the Odyssey cable wont work? Chances are you are doing something wrong because all straight cables should work on a frame with brake mounts. Buying a new cable wont change anything. Take it to your local bike shop and let them put them together.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/6/2014 7:21 AM

Have your dad/adult cut a slit in the barrel thing. Or do it yourself. It's easy.

|

2/6/2014 8:33 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

But im not understanding why the Odyssey cable wont work? Chances are you are ...more

it's because the cable and hanger are all 1 piece so it's easy to put on(no adjustment) and so you need a brake mount with slits in it so you can slide the cable in. I just went on dans and found a slotted mount (Top tube) it came out cheaper than getting a new cable

|

2/6/2014 8:36 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

But im not understanding why the Odyssey cable wont work? Chances are you are ...more

kauaian wrote:

it's because the cable and hanger are all 1 piece so it's easy to put on(no adjustment) and so you need a brake mount with ...more

Ohh I gotcha. Well I agree with what was said above. Just cut a slit in your current hardware. If you cant do that, then yeah order new ones.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

2/6/2014 8:38 AM

I don't see a slotted mount, on Dans.

Can you post a link?

|

2/6/2014 8:42 AM

Tree, Tree, Tree. Over the 6 years I've been riding I have tried every cable under the sun. Any and all odyssey, kink, etc. The feel and strength of the tree is unmatched.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

2/6/2014 2:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/6/2014 3:02 PM

I had this same issue this past week, installing the Odyssey Springfield brake with the Quick Slic cable. My Haro ZX24 didn't have slotted cable guides, so I stopped by an auto/body shop in the neighborhood that would cut slots for me with a handheld circular cutting tool. Took three minutes and there was no charge! The cable fit just fine after that. Just be certain that the inside threads aren't altered so you can screw in the guide.

|

2/6/2014 3:06 PM

Ricked_Em wrote:

Tree, Tree, Tree. Over the 6 years I've been riding I have tried every cable under the sun. Any and all odyssey, kink, etc. ...more

Tree is the same as the Kink DX

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

2/6/2014 3:25 PM

Ricked_Em wrote:

Tree, Tree, Tree. Over the 6 years I've been riding I have tried every cable under the sun. Any and all odyssey, kink, etc. ...more

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Tree is the same as the Kink DX

No its not. Tree uses a tougher housing and the inner housing is made of teflon. I asked sam (owner of tree) if they were just Kink clones when I bought my Tree cables directly from him and that is what he told me.

|

2/6/2014 4:17 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

No its not. Tree uses a tougher housing and the inner housing is made of teflon. I asked sam (owner of tree) if they were just ...more

This, the only thing the Kink and Tree have in common is the two piece barrel piece, which Tree licensed from Kink. Along with the two piece barrel, the Tree has a Kevlar fiber wrap and 6061 ferrules. It all adds up to be, by far, the best cable you can buy.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital