quite 9 tooth?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/10/2008 5:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/10/2008 5:30 PM

Does anybody know of a good, quiet 9 tooth freewheel that is like less than $20.

|

11/10/2008 5:48 PM

...anybody...

|

11/10/2008 5:50 PM

freecoaster, but no where close to 20 dollars

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

11/10/2008 5:51 PM

no not a freecoaster, a freewheel.

|

11/10/2008 5:52 PM

i dont think they sell 9teeth freewheels man ahha

|

11/10/2008 5:56 PM

really?I thought you get a 25 sprocket and a 9 freewheel??? Im confuzzled!!!

|

11/10/2008 5:56 PM

im saying that he could get a freecoaster they have no sound.....

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

11/10/2008 5:57 PM

a 9 tooth cassettte
freewheels only go down to a 12 tooth

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

11/10/2008 5:57 PM

i think you have freewheel and casette mixed up

|

11/10/2008 5:59 PM

:-0

ooohhh..., but aren't cassests like 5x more expensive?

|

11/10/2008 6:00 PM

yeah but they have better bearings and rarely blow out. and if your looking for just the driver its only likw 20 or 30 bux. idk though.

|

no ah u cant put a cassete if ur running a freewheel hub so what kinda hub are u runnin lmfao

|

cammeyg wrote:

:-0

ooohhh..., but aren't cassests like 5x more expensive?

yes and if you have a 9 tooth then you have a driver and a cassete hub

|

11/10/2008 6:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/10/2008 6:02 PM

Actually, i think you have freewheel and DRIVER mixed up. You can make any 9t driver quiet with enough grease. Im not sure if you can get one for twenty bucks though. It also depends on the cassette hub you have. You would have to buy a driver that fits your hub.

|

Rest assured,
with a heart thats pure,
We'll be victorious
And not let our hate get the best of us!
MOVE

11/10/2008 6:27 PM

can someone please explain this to me cause im just not getting it...

|

11/10/2008 6:31 PM

I RIDE A PRIMO 8T DRIVER AND ITS SILENT NOT ONE SOUND AT ALL. SO IM SURE THE 9T DRIVER WOULD BE AS WELL. I WORK AT A BIKE SHOP AND MY COST ON A DRIVER IS $27 SO YOU WONT FIND IT CHEAPER THAN THAT UNLESS ITS USED. I DO HAVE A 10T FOR SALE. FOR 15

|

11/10/2008 6:38 PM

Okay, here goes:
A freewheel hub uses a freewheel to turn the chain, create torque, blah blah whatever you wanna call it. Typically wuth these types of hubs the smallest freewheel you can get is a 13 tooth one. Freewheels are sold seperately and DO NOT have to be bought with the entire hub. They also tend to use crappier bearings.

A cassette hub uses a driver/cog to cretae the torque or motion or whatever. Drivers are also sold seperately and can be as small as 8 tooth. cassettes and drivers typically use sealed bearings and other technology to make them a lot better.

In conlusion, if you want anything smaller than 13 tooth, you MUST get a cassette (or freecoaster) hub, because a driver will only wok in a cassette hub. So these are two different types of hubs, and each utilizes different gear thingies.
Freewheel=freewheel, Cassette= driver.

Any questions?

|

Rest assured,
with a heart thats pure,
We'll be victorious
And not let our hate get the best of us!
MOVE

11/10/2008 7:10 PM

biker456 wrote:

I RIDE A PRIMO 8T DRIVER AND ITS SILENT NOT ONE SOUND AT ALL. SO IM SURE THE 9T DRIVER WOULD BE AS WELL. I WORK AT A BIKE SHOP AND MY COST ON A DRIVER IS $27 SO YOU WONT FIND IT CHEAPER THAN THAT UNLESS ITS USED. I DO HAVE A 10T FOR SALE. FOR 15

hey dude for how much could you get me a primo hub (purple) with a 8tooth driver new?

|

jb07, Zachary_, Showtime402, bobPa, dee hos, joe-rod56, "idk i'm a loser", Gsport23, JoeGreen, Trenty Doo, fly for life,laloest

11/10/2008 7:18 PM

show me some pictures so i know the difference... im still confused... show me a hub, a freewheel, a cassette, and w/e else... please?

|

"let the haters keep hatin"

11/10/2008 7:19 PM

biker456 wrote:

milou wrote:

hey dude for how much could you get me a primo hub (purple) with a 8tooth driver new?

the mix hub in purple with 8t driver, um send me your email ill get u a price tomorrow. sound good. i would obviously have to ship it . biker456@gmail.com

|

11/11/2008 3:51 PM

so how exactally do i know if i have a freewheel or a casset hub? i have a 2007 mirraco blend 1. If anybody knows could they tell me?

|

11/11/2008 4:42 PM

whats the gearing

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

09 Kink Transition...yes...i ride a tranny.

Im the CLIT commander of the sexy army.

11/11/2008 5:26 PM

you most likely have a casette since it was made in 07
your not gonna find a 9 tooth for 20 bucks anywhere, at least not new.

|

11/12/2008 5:50 AM

just buy a complete rear wheel that has a 9t driver.
this sport isnt cheap

|

boobs on a hot plate

11/12/2008 11:47 AM

you can make anything really quit, if you load it upo with lube.

|

"live fast, ride faster"
-Josh Stricker
I dont do trades, i only run new parts.
Dont ask me!

11/12/2008 4:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 5:40 PM

ok i think that i finnally understand.
A freewheel is a crappy solution to a casset. You must buy the whole freewheel again if one peice breaks. It only goes down to a 13 tooth. It also is not the quiet that i am looking for.

A casset with a driver is a much better choice. Although more expensive at first, it will pay off because you have little maitnance, and can replace the cog for much less than the whole driver. They go down to an 8 tooth driver so that you can get a smaller sprocket, therefore looking better, costing less, being more out of the way, and less likely to break. You must have a special casset hub to install a driver. They are much quieter as well. You can also change cog sizes too whenever you want without getting a whole new driver.
Please tell me that im getting this...

My bike is very quiet so im guesing that it is a casset. If so do i only have to buy a driver because it a LHD and i want to switch it to a RHD. Or do i have to buy a whole new casset hub to switch sides. Im hoping thats a no because than that is a waste of 70-150 bucks right there.

holy crap my fingers hurt...

|

11/12/2008 5:18 PM

can someone please tell me if im right....

|

11/12/2008 8:33 PM

u r kind of right
u dont neeed a specail cassete hub to install a driver
u neeeed a specail driver for each hub
like lets say u have a profile cassete hub, the only driver that u can buy that will fit is obviously profile

|

if u want to win a free ipod, phone, game, or almost anything, go here
http://swagbucks.prodege.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=253912

11/12/2008 11:27 PM

redbeard227 wrote:

u r kind of right
like lets say u have a profile cassete hub, the only driver that u can buy that will fit is obviously profile

thats not neccesarily true.
kink makes a 9 tooth for the odyssey hub and profile makes an 8 for it.
and odyssey is also compatible with macneil haha

but to answer the question.
your on the right track.
you can only change the cog down to a 12 tooth, after that they are on peice drivers.
and to switch side you just need a driver.
email mirraco and see what kind of hub it is or what drivers are compatible.
i still have the crap dk cassette that came on my bike but have an odyssey driver cause my hub is prety much the same as the hazard v2

|

11/13/2008 8:12 PM

redbeard227 wrote:

u r kind of right

dirt wrote:

thats not neccesarily true.
kink makes a 9 tooth for the odyssey hub and profile makes an 8 for it.
and odyssey is also compatible with macneil haha

but to answer the question.
your on the right track.
you can only change the cog down to a 12 tooth, after that they are on peice drivers.
and to switch side you just need a driver.
email mirraco and see what kind of hub it is or what drivers are compatible.
i still have the crap dk cassette that came on my bike but have an odyssey driver cause my hub is prety much the same as the hazard v2

i know im just tryin to keeep it basic for the kid
haha

|

if u want to win a free ipod, phone, game, or almost anything, go here
http://swagbucks.prodege.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=253912