random wrench v2 vs animal kotulak vs shadow multi tool

Related:
Create New Tag

4/4/2013 5:34 PM

i dont know if i should get the dk or the animal. i know the quality of the tools of the dk are good and the animal the tools arent amazing but if you use it while you're out riding its fine( thats what the old threads said). i cant find any reviews on the shadow at all, there is one on youtube but it just shows what it has. i know the chain breaker on the animal broke for a lot of people but im not buying it for that. i have a park tool chain breaker. i like the shadow too because it has the 10mm wrench for brakes. i would get the shadow i just dont know if the quality of the tools are any good

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

4/4/2013 5:39 PM

ill take a look and give you my opinion in a few minutes

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/4/2013 5:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2013 5:46 PM

DK- No. does not include 17mm socket. thats like the norm these days
Shadow- looks legit. just like animal
Animal- Looks just like shadow. but you said the chain breaker is problematic?

i would say go for the shadow.

|

4/4/2013 5:43 PM

thanks

|

4/4/2013 5:45 PM

|

BikeCheck Refs:

BEASTASSDICKwink,Flocka Myers, ecuadevil,White Knight, bmxing12 ,obiwan chromoly,ScramHype, Hatebreeder,SnM An1mal,isnowyaznV2

4/4/2013 5:47 PM

i posted that before i refreshed the page i meant thanks for looking. im not trying to start an argument but the dk has a 17mm deep socket

|

4/4/2013 5:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2013 5:50 PM

My opinion is not a chance. it's $40 more than the others

Edit: and it doesnt include a 5mm socket which is common for brakes and seat clamp bolts.

|

4/4/2013 5:53 PM

i saw the eclat earlier. im willing to bet for 90 the tools are good but im not going to spend 90 on a socket a few wrenches and some allens. if i had more money i would think about it

|

4/4/2013 5:54 PM

Animal 1st choice, Shadow 2nd choice. wink

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/4/2013 5:55 PM

tomdon wrote:

Edit: and it doesnt include a 5mm socket which is common for brakes and seat clamp bolts.

Didn't notice the price differences

I would go with the dk random wrench

|

BikeCheck Refs:

BEASTASSDICKwink,Flocka Myers, ecuadevil,White Knight, bmxing12 ,obiwan chromoly,ScramHype, Hatebreeder,SnM An1mal,isnowyaznV2

4/4/2013 5:59 PM

tomdon wrote:

if i can just adjust my brake tension ill be fine. thats why i like the shadow it has the 10mm wrench. its not a big deal if my brakes arent tight i used to be brakeless so im fine with no brakes

|

4/4/2013 6:01 PM

oscar5788 wrote:

Didn't notice the price differences

I would go with the dk random wrench

i like the price of the dk, it doesnt have as much tho but the price makes up for it somewhat

|

4/4/2013 6:18 PM

right now im leaning to the shadow. does anyone know if the chain breaker is for half links or is it for regular chains too

|

4/4/2013 6:38 PM

My friend has a bike shop and when riding carries around the Shadow one, it's pretty useful.
I just use a normal socket wrench and 2 allen keys.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/4/2013 6:51 PM

andyferly wrote:

My friend has a bike shop and when riding carries around the Shadow one, it's pretty useful.

i usually do that too but all the extra things are nice.

|

4/4/2013 7:08 PM

andyferly wrote:

G-LandRider wrote:

i usually do that too but all the extra things are nice.

Yeah, I also have a tools box with a bunch of stuff like chainbreakers, spoke thinghy, tire remover (never used those thing lol) and a bunch of other shit .
I just keep in a drawer the socket and the two allens for quick adjustments and all that stuff.
If you have spare cash get one, they're pretty nice.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/4/2013 7:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2013 7:16 PM

andyferly wrote:

Yeah, I also have a tools box with a bunch of stuff like chainbreakers, spoke thinghy, tire remover (never used those thing lol) and a bunch of other shit .
I just keep in a drawer the socket and the two allens for quick adjustments and all that stuff.
If you have spare cash get one, they're pretty nice.

ya im actually buying this with a jar of change ive been saving since the summer. i wouldnt buy one anytime soon otherwise. i have tools to do anything to my bike at my house (except a wedge to tighten a chain i need to make one) the other thing i dont have is a spoke wrench but i cant true a wheel anyways i should learn but i would need a stand or something

|

4/6/2013 2:20 PM

I have the Random Wrench V2 and I love it. The only thing I don't like about it is it's absence of a 19mm Socket.

|

4/6/2013 4:51 PM

tomdon wrote:

DK- No. does not include 17mm socket. thats like the norm these days
Shadow- looks legit. just like animal
Animal- Looks just like shadow. but you said the chain breaker is problematic?

i would say go for the shadow.

I have the DK wrench, it has 17mm, please research more next time. You missed a big one

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

4/6/2013 5:33 PM

I have the dk wrench it has 17mm.......really though they are all tools they do the same shit there is not one better then the other

|

4/6/2013 10:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/6/2013 10:23 PM

I have the Shadow and It's fucking perfect. You can legitimately build a whole bike with the tool alone (as long as you have 17mm front bolts)
The hammer is a good extra tool for anything.
the chainbreaker works perfectly, i've used it on about 3 different chains (2 reg. 1 half) and it gave me no problems.
I would definitely say go for the shadow dude.

Edit: by the way you have like 5 choices for allen key sizes so that's pretty huge.

|

If you're riding your bike to solely become sponsored one day, you're riding for all the wrong reasons.
As cliche as this is, having fun is the point!

4/7/2013 7:25 AM

ya i think im going with the shadow or the dk

|

4/7/2013 8:09 AM

Animal hands down. I loved mine and so did the cunt who stole it

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

4/7/2013 8:17 AM

Animal for sure!

|

4/7/2013 6:11 PM

Have the animal, i dont really like it that much tongue its just a hassle to use, but the chainbreaker works fine, idk what people are talking about

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz