rattle can thread

Related:
Create New Tag

7/13/2014 7:45 PM

so im about to paint my forks and cranks chrome, and i was wondering do you clear coat chrome or leave it be? now when i paint shit blue or red or white i clear coat it, than wet sand it and repeat, untill its smooth.. what have you rattle caned/rawed out?

|

Bicycle motor-cross Motor bicycle-cross Bicycle cross-motor Motor cross-bicycle!

7/13/2014 7:57 PM

Good question...
I doubt you'd want to clear coat it... But I hope someone wiser than I could shed some light on this, as I'd like to do a chrome with a trans color laid over it, but I'm not too sure it would stick...

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

7/13/2014 8:15 PM

chrome spray paint sucks. it's too watery and runny. I rattle can alot Look at my bike check to see my latest creation.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/13/2014 8:17 PM

don't clear coat chrome, they'll turn into like a silver or something based from my experience. BUT i use cheap rattle cans though.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

7/13/2014 8:32 PM

Yeah i wouldn't use clear, the last time i used chrome spray paint and clearcoated it it just turned into a dullish silver color.

Make sure you get a good paint though because the cheap stuff sucks ass

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/14/2014 7:39 AM

Strip your frame to bare metal and POLISH IT FIRST. Chrome spraypaint honestly looks like crap.

Polishing your setup and then a solid clear would look way better. Polishing will take a while though.Or save money and have it plated.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura