rawing chrome

Related:
Create New Tag

4/20/2011 4:57 AM

so i want to paint my profiles they are chrome what is the best way to do it i dont have money to go spend on something to do it so what can i use that is at home to do it

|

bike check http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/ONE-TOUGHT-PODRE,1235558

[LINK TO IMAGE]

refs: fitbikeco77, iridebmxeveryday, nickkkk, floka myers, tinybikerider33, bmxihb321, beastassdick, lee rager

4/20/2011 5:01 AM

Ie profile HUBS?
cause hubs are aluminium and they are more than likely polished.
JUST PAINT THEM.

If its cranks then stick them in a vat of hydrochloric acid for 6 weeks.

|

4/20/2011 5:03 AM

ok yea forgot to mention that they are cranks and yea i dont have that i dont know anyone that would

|

bike check http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/ONE-TOUGHT-PODRE,1235558

[LINK TO IMAGE]

refs: fitbikeco77, iridebmxeveryday, nickkkk, floka myers, tinybikerider33, bmxihb321, beastassdick, lee rager

4/20/2011 7:53 AM

jbeaton13 wrote:

ok yea forgot to mention that they are cranks and yea i dont have that i dont know anyone that would

just try to trade someone, for either the color you want, or for something you can strip

|

4/20/2011 8:02 AM

http://www.ehow.com/how_4422511_paint-over-chrome-surface.html

try that, i googled it real quick, its about cars, but should still work
|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

4/20/2011 8:12 AM

there is something called aircraft remover just google it and you should be able to find it. you spray it on the chrome and it should bubble off. ill try and find a link for ya

|

4/20/2011 8:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2011 8:20 AM

you cannot just strip chrome. Like was stated make sure it is chrome.
Trade parts, sell what you have & buy new ones.
With the time, effort & cash you would spend trying to strip the chrome. You can get painted ones & buy some heavy paint stripper at an auto body shop store.

You CANNOT buy aircraft stripper. All the standard places that sell it just call it that. it is no different than regular stripper..with one exception...the price tag.

|

4/20/2011 12:12 PM

Espresso wrote:

you cannot just strip chrome. Like was stated make sure it is chrome.
Trade parts, sell what you have & buy new ones.
With the time, effort & cash you would spend trying to strip the chrome. You can get painted ones & buy some heavy paint stripper at an auto body shop store.

You CANNOT buy aircraft stripper. All the standard places that sell it just call it that. it is no different than regular stripper..with one exception...the price tag.

Why CANNOT he buy aircraft stripper....?blink

heres a video of it used on a wheel

|

4/20/2011 12:44 PM

CMFAclothing wrote:

Why CANNOT he buy aircraft stripper....?blink

Chrome and paint are different it wont work.

|

4/20/2011 12:54 PM

chrome is done with a chemical reaction, it hardens the metal creating a harder outer shell so to speak. So no paint stripper aint gona work. But you Can get some sand paper and sand it off, or at least scratch it up to the point where you can apply some primer and it will stick.

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

4/20/2011 1:11 PM

CMFAclothing wrote:

Why CANNOT he buy aircraft stripper....?

Well for one..you need a permit & cannot get REAL Aircraft paint stripper just anywhere.
2. Look real close again at that video you posted. You may or may not see it. If you knew about it, you would not have posted. but I will tell you anyway. Klean-Strip's named "AirCraft Paint Stripper" is the particular name for that stripper line. Notice the ® after aircraft.
"Aircraft" is just one of their lines of paint strippers.

Just because it says aircraft, does not mean it is stripper used to strip paint off aircrafts. I KNOW. I was HAZMAT forman for 2 military bases & have dealt DIRECTLY with REAL aircraft paint stripper/ remover.

You WILL NOT find LEGIT "MIL-spec" aviation paint remover on the open market. Permits, paperwork, etc make it a PITA to do so. You can however find paint remover for small personal aircraft. Which is nothing like "Aircraft" paint remover. The REAL aircraft paint remover is very specific because it has to take off paint, decals, etc without damaging the panels. The shit you put on wheels will eat right through the panels. Hence...NOT real aircraft stripper.

|

4/20/2011 4:29 PM

Espresso wrote:

CMFAclothing wrote:

Well for one..you need a permit & cannot get REAL Aircraft paint stripper just anywhere.
2. Look real close again at that video you posted. You may or may not see it. If you knew about it, you would not have posted. but I will tell you anyway. Klean-Strip's named "AirCraft Paint Stripper" is the particular name for that stripper line. Notice the ® after aircraft.

Just because it says aircraft, does not mean it is stripper used to strip paint off aircrafts. I KNOW. I was HAZMAT forman for 2 military bases & have dealt DIRECTLY with REAL aircraft paint stripper/ remover.

You WILL NOT find LEGIT "MIL-spec" aviation paint remover on the open market. Permits, paperwork, etc make it a PITA to do so. You can however find paint remover for small personal aircraft. Which is nothing like "Aircraft" paint remover. The REAL aircraft paint remover is very specific because it has to take off paint, decals, etc without damaging the panels. The shit you put on wheels will eat right through the panels. Hence...NOT real aircraft stripper.

Aircraft is the brand dumbass. They aren't saying it's used to strip plane paint, which is the same as regular paint. No one here had plans of stripping a fucking aircraft? Idiot.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

4/20/2011 6:28 PM

Espresso wrote:

CMFAclothing wrote:

I don't know why but I hate you man

|

"man that woman could buckle a train track just by looking at it" - Euan on Susan Boyle

4/20/2011 8:35 PM

Espresso wrote:

CMFAclothing wrote:

calm down sir.

|

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

4/20/2011 9:23 PM

Austin_Read wrote:

chrome is done with a chemical reaction, it hardens the metal creating a harder outer shell so to speak. So no paint stripper aint gona work. But you Can get some sand paper and sand it off, or at least scratch it up to the point where you can apply some primer and it will stick.

dont sand chrome, chrome dust is deadly if u breath it in

|

4/20/2011 9:26 PM

chrome is too beautiful to ruinsad

|

another day, another dollar

4/20/2011 9:33 PM

google it wrote:

chrome is too beautiful to ruinsad

thats y i dont want to do it im sure someone out there will be willing to trade me arms i love the chrome just it dont match anything on my bike at all

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]