rawing chrome

Related:
Create New Tag

4/21/2009 7:58 PM

is it any different from powder coat it doesnt seem like its the same, sorry if this is stupid but i really dont know. im getting some profile cranks for free and wanted to make them black.

|

4/21/2009 8:58 PM

anybody know? anhybody?

|

4/21/2009 9:04 PM

r u talking about chrome and powder chrome? or r u talking about stripping and rawing chrome? Do not strip chrome it is just silly. Chrome is a dip and is not cheap plus protects the metal better than paint. Stripping paint and rawing something is not bad in comparison. I don't know about powder chrome though.

|

Now don't quote me on this one...

4/21/2009 9:40 PM

i would like to strip them and paint them, because they are all grinded and i want black., i just dont know how to.

|

4/21/2009 9:45 PM

if you have a chrome fork or w/e just clean it dry it and use some turtle wax chrome polish to clean it up. If it is so hurt that is a waste than buying a new fork could be a lot easier than all the work of stripping chrome. Even if the fork costs you a 130 bucks. I am just saying chrome especially was not made to be taken off. You don't want to be sanding that shit manually.

|

Now don't quote me on this one...

4/21/2009 9:49 PM

when did i ever say anything about forks. i getting FREE!! profile cranks in chrome, and its grinded off on half of it from crank slides, now how do i get the chrome OFF

|

4/21/2009 9:50 PM

u need to sand blast it

|

4/21/2009 9:52 PM

FFFAAAAACCCCKKK

|

4/21/2009 9:53 PM

kelly wrote:

FFFAAAAACCCCKKK

why is that so bad?

|

Rider4life>=]

4/21/2009 9:56 PM

i could weaken the metal

|

4/22/2009 4:35 AM

since nobodys giving a straight answer, just sand it off
cranks dont take very long to do

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

4/22/2009 6:06 AM

use google there tons of ways to chemically strip it just do a lil research

|

fuck brakes all they do is slow u down

4/22/2009 6:13 AM

if you dont like chrome. use some steel wool and it makes chrome less shiney and nice looking

|

I <3 theamazingjack, dan, ressler, and dakota

4/22/2009 9:23 PM

alright ill prolly sand it. finally a solid answer

|

4/22/2009 9:26 PM

|

WILBERT HERNANDEZ...

4/22/2009 9:32 PM

hmmm. id rather just sand em

|

4/23/2009 9:34 AM

you're gonna just destroy the cranks. Chrome is not like paint.....you don't paint chrome on. Chroming is a chemical reaction between the metal and a chroming agent. The actual metal particles in the crank arms react with the chemical they are dipped into, and the end result is the chrome finish. If you try to sandblast the arms, you will surely cause severe structual damage to the arms since you're not just taking off an outside layer, you are actually seperating the chromed part of the metal from the rest of the crank. So in theory, you are actually taking away structural integrity from the crank arms. I would personally advise against doing this. Chrome is supposed to stay chrome. You can't strip it and repaint it like a set of black crank arms. I would say clean em up, and maybe have em rechromed (there's chroming shops everywhere, look it up). If you wanted black arms, maybe you could trade the ones you have to someone. I just wouldn't even try to remove the chrome, cuz then you'll end up worse off than you were before.

|

I'll beat the %@#kin brakes off you @%tch. Shut the %#!k up and ride your %*#kin bike @$$hole.

4/23/2009 8:11 PM

thank you for giving me an educated answer. i will look at them and see how scratched they are.

|