recent americancycle.com reviews?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/10/2013 10:26 AM

Hey...looking to get my son a 2013 WTP Trust for Christmas. Been looking at all the websites and http://americancycle.com/product-list/bicycles-bmx-1251/?rb_br=130 has a great deal on this bike. However, I did a quick google of American Cycle and found some bad reviews from several years ago. Has anyone bought from them recently? They are cheaper by a bunch so I'm wondering if it is too good to be true.

|

11/10/2013 10:28 AM

They seem legitimate to me. But you should wait and let some more answers surface and get a wide range of responses.

|

11/10/2013 12:33 PM

Just go to empirebmx.com

|

fack off

11/10/2013 12:39 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

Just go to empirebmx.com

They appear not to have any WTP completes.

|

11/10/2013 12:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/10/2013 12:44 PM

John, the one at AmericanCycle is the 20.5" TT. You can get the 21" at Albe's.

|

11/10/2013 12:59 PM

they also have the option of the 21" at AmericanCycle. The one at Albe's is $160 more than AmericanCycle. Was trying to save some $$$.

|

11/10/2013 2:04 PM

American cycle sells the gt cage frame...... That's pretty rad

|

11/10/2013 3:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/10/2013 3:03 PM

spiderjohn wrote:

they also have the option of the 21" at AmericanCycle. The one at Albe's is $160 more than AmericanCycle. Was trying to save some $$$.

Do you match prices of other online stores?

In most cases yes. Call us at 586.264.1152 or e-mail us at sales@albes.com and let us know what the item is and where it is (if it's on a website send us a link) and we'll check it out. If it's a legit price (instock non clearence item) we'll help ya out.

You might even be able to use a discount code too.

|

11/10/2013 3:37 PM

BNC wrote:

Do you match prices of other online stores?

In most cases yes. Call us at 586.264.1152 or e-mail us at sales@albes.com and let us know what the item is and where it is (if it's on a website send us a link) and we'll check it out. If it's a legit price (instock non clearence item) we'll help ya out.

You might even be able to use a discount code too.

thanks for the idea. emailed them to see!

|

11/11/2013 4:07 PM

Stay away from them..... American Cycle and ACE are the same companies.

|

6/26/2014 6:23 PM

I know this is a pretty old thread, but thought I should add my experience. Overall it was OK. I think a lot of the anxiety stemmed from all the negative posts in the past; however, I thought I would give Joe and Americancycle/ACE a chance.

I e-mailed American to verify a particular Complete Bike was in stock and available for immediate shipping. I received an e-mail within 12 hours confirming, Yes. I then called to re-verify and Joe again said, Yes. I e-mailed a 3rd time to see whether or not the bike would ship directly from their store (likely not) or directly from the manufacturer's warehouse. Joe replied, "We are sending your bike direct to you from Cali so its faster. I will email tracking as soon as I get it, but the bike may arrive to you faster than I get the tracking number. "

Ok, So I placed my order on 6/19 and promptly received a confirmation e-mail. A few days went by without a tracking#, so for giggles, I e-mailed the manufacturer to see if they indeed have a warehouse in California. Surprisingly, the manufacturer knew about my order, but could only give details other than to keep my eye out for UPS on Wednesday 6/25.

Sure enough, the bike came on 6/25! Not bad...pretty quick shipping. So perhaps my order was an exception simply because it was a drop-shipped 2014 model complete bike vs. random parts. Joe did communicate, but things were still somewhat vague in terms of the order status.

|

6/26/2014 7:24 PM

avoid at all costs. tried ordering a demolition hub guard that they said they had in stock. they didnt have it and never told me. just took my money and ignored my emails for 2 weeks. i called and got my money back.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!