recieved the wrong parts

Related:
Create New Tag

11/20/2020 4:36 PM

I ordered a set of nos 22mm cranks from profile and they sent the wrong finish. the box is marked black but they are chrome.

the problem is I don't want to wait a month or longer for these to get returned, processed and have the right ones shipped back. I would much rather just get a refund, go to my local shop and get some 19mm cranks.

profile says they don't refund or cover return shipping but given that this was their mistake I'm going to insist they pay for it.

normally I would just keep the chrome but I am trying to build a specific bike and I don't want to have to paint them because that's not what I paid for.

I just get annoyed when things like this happen.
|

11/20/2020 4:52 PM

Their mistake they should take care of it imo. Personally I would be psyched with chrome profiles lol but completely Understandable

Call/email em again and see if they can exchange/refund show them the video if ya can.

|

11/20/2020 5:13 PM

cky199 wrote:

Their mistake they should take care of it imo. Personally I would be psyched with chrome profiles lol but completely Understandable

Call/email em again and see if they can exchange/refund show them the video if ya can.

I sent them an email with the video. I hope to hear back sooner than later but expecting Monday at the earliest. I'm hoping this doesnt turn into a headache because they seem to try to protect themselves from any liability with all their terms and policies.

|

11/20/2020 5:20 PM

Seattle Bmx may be able to help. swap yours for something they have ?

Might be worth going down to their shop in ballard / freemont area.

|

11/20/2020 5:31 PM

pnj wrote:

Seattle Bmx may be able to help. swap yours for something they have ?

Might be worth going down to their shop in ballard / freemont area.

you think so? the cranks are n.o.s. from the 90's so im not sure if anyone really goes in there looking for something like that. I guess it's worth a shot. I'll dm them and see what they say.

thanks for the idea.

|

11/20/2020 6:09 PM

seattle bmx said they don't have any in stock that I could trade for.

|

11/20/2020 6:41 PM

You’d think they would want to return them to send you some black ones , chrome costs more than black

|

11/20/2020 8:20 PM

Spray paint.

|

11/21/2020 12:13 AM

I can't bmx wrote:

Spray paint.

I would if they weren't something I bought new.

|

11/21/2020 5:43 PM

decided to just keep them. not worth the hassle of returning them.
Photo
Photo

|

11/21/2020 5:47 PM

Good decision, they look pimp!

|

11/21/2020 6:13 PM

Chrome was the right choice. Especially with the white walls.

|

11/21/2020 6:16 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

Chrome was the right choice. Especially with the white walls.

And chrome chain..

|

11/21/2020 6:39 PM

Chrome looks sick on that setup man!!

|

11/21/2020 6:59 PM

I’m warming up to chrome parts. I think your cranks look great

|

11/21/2020 7:49 PM

Looks balling on that set up. Consider it a bonus mistake as chrome costs more!

|

11/22/2020 11:34 AM

Damn, that chrome rules!

|

11/23/2020 4:28 AM

For the record, it *might* be hard to get NOS parts from 20-30 years ago for your era build in another finish. Chances are good they saw the box label and went with it-meaning the person who packaged them screwed it up.

Ultimately, the chrome will be a more durable finish to impacts over the next few years AND looks super good on that setup.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/23/2020 4:29 AM

The chrome looks amazing with the white. I'd consider it as a happy accident.

|

11/24/2020 5:51 PM

I appreciate the comments. for now I am ok with the chrome but they will get sprayed black eventually.

|

11/25/2020 8:17 AM

Looks great. Out of curiosity, did you spray paint your frame? Earlier this year I sprayed mine almost an identical color to yours. I even have chrome cranks that I sprayed black too, haha.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

11/25/2020 6:19 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Looks great. Out of curiosity, did you spray paint your frame? Earlier this year I sprayed mine almost an identical color to yours. I even have chrome cranks that I sprayed black too, haha.

I did respray it but the color in the photo isn't accurate. this is the paint I used. I originally built the bike for my niece hence the color choice but the bike was a little too big so I'm using it now. I'm planning on respraying either raw gloss or some sort of gloss maroon with black part.
Photo

|