removing "rim hop" without de lacing the entire wheel?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/31/2013 10:30 PM

is there a way to do that, my Alienation PBR (single wall) rim has a slight hop, should I just get a new rim because it's a single walled rim? or is there a way to remove the hop and to be honest i would not mind having to buy a new rim seeing as that i would want new spokes too cause im missing like 3 or 4 and i am running brass nipples on that bitch (i think) and i would get alloy ones... so is there another way to remove the hop or is de/re-lacing the entire wheel generally the best and more of the only option?

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

10/31/2013 10:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/31/2013 10:43 PM

If it's a single wall you might as well get a new double.

Let me tell you, getting a hop out of a rim is near impossible. Think about it, all spokes do is pull. To even out a hop you would have to pull every other part of the rim lower, to match that hop. And attempting that you risk deforming the rim further. Tiny hops you can live with, bad ones you HAVE to live with or replace the rim.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

10/31/2013 10:44 PM

BMXism wrote:

If it's a single wall you might as well get a new double.

Let me tell you, getting a hop out of a rim is near impossible. ...more

alright i see what you are saying, check out this post i made it kind of links up to this one

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/Rim-Strength-not-as-nooby-of-a-question,1289075

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

11/1/2013 6:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/1/2013 6:51 AM

He goes over radial truing like 8 mins in. (I think thats where it is ha)
|