rock a 26 inch?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/2/2011 6:40 PM

I've noticed that there seems to be a trend of Mountain bike riders trying to ride park and street like BMXers do on those dirtjumper bikes. And I'm kind of wondering why? Not that I dislike those kind of bikes, but it seems to me that if you want to ride BMX ride a BMX bike. I've heard the theory that larger tires roll faster and absorb impact more than our smaller 20inch wheels do, but I've seen a bunch of 26er vids on plussizebmx.com and they actually seem to be slower and more awkward. What do you guys think, have you ever ridden one in a park?

|

3/2/2011 6:45 PM

I ride with mountain bikers all the time at the skateparks, in fact, yesterday everyone I rode with was on a mountain bike.
A couple of my good riding friends ride mountain bikes.
Since I live near the mountains, there are a lot of downhill racers and mountain bikers.

The majority of people I know that ride them are bigger guys and/or they race downhill or do another form of mountain biking.

|

3/2/2011 6:46 PM

i have, they feel goofy and you cant pump for fuck. kids get hurt on them all the time.

|

i was kwbike.co
i run brakes. wanna fight about it?
shithawks are the future

3/2/2011 6:48 PM

they are more stable and smoother. plus you can go hella slow on trails and still get major pop.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

3/2/2011 6:51 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

they are more stable and smoother. plus you can go hella slow on trails and still get major pop.

why would you wanna go slow on trails??? flying through trails at 4965 miles an hour is the best part!

|

i was kwbike.co
shithawks are the future

3/2/2011 6:53 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

cornholio wrote:

why would you wanna go slow on trails??? flying through trails at 4965 miles an hour is the best part!

you obviously haven't hit a 20 foot jump going sub 15 mph.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

3/2/2011 6:53 PM

Remember when that one dude's ankle snapped off?

|

3/2/2011 7:33 PM

I used to ride trails on a 26" bike. Riding park on it was a giant pain in the ass. While 26" bikes are a lot more stable, just about every trick is 5,000 harder on a MTB.

|

3/2/2011 8:24 PM

on mountain bikes you cant hop as high so the mountain bikers just book shit to do jumps. theyre more stable though

|

i ride a Sunday

Refs: irideafly, subrosarider65, ridebmx456, ayobmx, spikez5

cell #: 424-219-2490

3/2/2011 8:28 PM

Jake_Short wrote:

on mountain bikes you cant hop as high so the mountain bikers just book shit to do jumps. theyre more stable though

Lol have you watched any videos? Those riders on 26's hop high as fuck doing street. You shouldn't talk about stuff you don't know.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

3/2/2011 8:42 PM

Jake_Short wrote:

Easternbiker93 wrote:

Lol have you watched any videos? Those riders on 26's hop high as fuck doing street. You shouldn't talk about stuff you don't know.

oh mb. thats just coming from me watching my friends

|

i ride a Sunday

Refs: irideafly, subrosarider65, ridebmx456, ayobmx, spikez5

cell #: 424-219-2490

3/2/2011 8:47 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

cornholio wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

i highly doubt you have a 20 footer. maybe a 20 foot gap.

|

i was kwbike.co
shithawks are the future

3/2/2011 8:52 PM

cornholio wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

cornholio wrote:

haha you don't have any idea what type of trails i have hit.

|

Bike check?

3/2/2011 9:09 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

cornholio wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

haha you don't have any idea what type of trails i have hit.

Cupovjoe shreds!

|

3/2/2011 9:18 PM

cornholio wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

cornholio wrote:

Aren't you the kid who can't 180?

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

3/2/2011 9:22 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

cornholio wrote:

Easternbiker93 wrote:

Aren't you the kid who can't 180?

Shits going down!

|