salt halflink?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/8/2014 6:50 PM

i ran a kmc halflink for a long time and it was pretty stong, it didnt stretch untill this guy at the bike shop stretched it when fixing up my rear wheel. anyway, i just wanna know if the salt halflink is good, does it stretch fast, will it snap? and i would get a full link but the salt is on sale so im wondring if its worth it

|

1/8/2014 7:20 PM

the salt will be exactly like the kmc, if not weaker
get an odyssey bluebird

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/8/2014 7:23 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

the salt will be exactly like the kmc, if not weaker
get an odyssey bluebird

i want one but the website doesnt have one. thanks tho

|

1/8/2014 7:36 PM

How did it not stretch, but when someone else messed with it, it did stretch?

but if I were you, I'd get a full link chain, with a single half link in it if you need to dial in your rear end. Half links stretch a lottt more than full link chains. What site are you ordering from? I'll get on it & pick some out for you

|

1/8/2014 8:03 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

but if I were you, I'd get a full link chain, with a single half link in it if you need to dial in your rear end. Half links stretch a lottt more than full link chains. What site are you ordering from? I'll get on it & pick some out for you

he stretched it when he put on the wheel and i guess went ham on the chain tensioner
im using 3ride
http://www.3ride.com/v2/listing/?category1=bmx&category2=Chains
i dont have enough for the kmc 710 and the shadow interlock

|

1/8/2014 8:09 PM

If anything, it was the longest lasting halflink chain my friend's been riding for like 4 years.. Of course it stretched a little, but he doesn't run his chain super loose or super tight, so it's still okay. Some minor rust from riding in water and accidentally leaving it out in rain at school..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

1/8/2014 8:11 PM

calvinchoii wrote:

he stretched it when he put on the wheel and i guess went ham on the chain tensioner
im using 3ride

I would get the Eclat Diesel or Cult 510

|

1/8/2014 8:33 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

calvinchoii wrote:

im using 3ride

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I would get the Eclat Diesel or Cult 510

ok thank you

|