sealed over open HUB

Related:
Create New Tag

2/4/2011 6:46 AM

I don't really see the difference other then smoothness. I here so many different sides to both styles but i just don't understand what the difference is. I bought a set of wheels both identical except one set is open and the other set is sealed, im gonna ride them hard this season and see what i notice between the two.

Other then durability, is there really any other benefit between the two?

|

Brennan Huff: "I'm so scared right now. I'm just gonna to do what's sensible, I'm gonna file for unemployment. Then I'm gonna try to get a job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, because they got an excellent corporate structure and they... *they* give *you* the tools to be your own boss."

2/4/2011 7:00 AM

the smoothness, the durability, you roll faster with sealed bearings

|

refs: Spikez5, cokacola, dacumup213 (x2), josh estey, Blake El Gingero, naters14, Harry95, pcoco, hattrckhcky, bstick, kevinl, Sunday.bmx21, dgisback, iridebmxeveryday, I RIDE

2/4/2011 7:03 AM

Actually, a really nice set of unsealed bearings will be much smoother than sealed bearings. Yes, they require more frequent maintenance, and you can't let the bearings get really bad because the worse they get, the worse the hub is getting, whereas with sealed bearings you can just blow them up and then replace them, no harm done.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.