seat advice

Related:
Create New Tag

4/19/2007 8:48 AM

I got my new bike last night, an '06 WTP Darkness. I rather dislike the seat, it's like a racing seat with a long nose and hard as hell.

Looking for some recommendations on a seat. I've tried out the Haro H-Crest Seat, and it's pretty nice.

Also thinking maybe the Macneil OG seat (and subsequent post).

I want something along that line for shape, and I'd like some decent cushioning, as I actally use my seat (and bike) to ride alot.

Cheers.

|

I'm not ignorant, I'm just working on my senelity.

4/20/2007 3:23 AM

ur funny

|

4/20/2007 4:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 3:53 PM

chesty wrote:

ur funny

So far the seats I've seen they make nowadays suck, all of them. I remember I was in ahe forum and I asked the same question, whats a good seat to get. Most said the Odyssey Senior as of I was looking for something padded and large...ha, that seat aint large or standard size, none of them are, there all little tiny butt-crack seats. Well, I'm glad to say I took no ones advice and I was at the bike shop and I spotted a Odyssey Cobra 9mm. so I went ahead and got it, it aint the most padded but its good enough, and its standard size. Seriously, dont know how you all ride with butt-floss seats all slammed and shit, most of your replys are "oh, but I never sit down" ...yeah, bullshit lol But hey, its your bike and your ass, whatever floats your boat I guess...ok, end 420 rant! lol

[LINK TO IMAGE]

ODYSSEY COBRA 9MM.

|

SBCdestroy

village idiot

4/20/2007 6:29 AM

chesty wrote:

ur funny

jeffgothro wrote:

So far the seats I've seen they make nowadays suck, all of them. I remember I was in ahe forum and I asked the same question, whats a good seat to get. Most said the Odyssey Senior as of I was looking for something padded and large...ha, that seat aint large or standard size, none of them are, there all little tiny butt-crack seats. Well, I'm glad to say I took no ones advice and I was at the bike shop and I spotted a Odyssey Cobra 9mm. so I went ahead and got it, it aint the most padded but its good enough, and its standard size. Seriously, dont know how you all ride with butt-floss seats all slammed and shit, most of your replys are "oh, but I never sit down" ...yeah, bullshit lol But hey, its your bike and your ass, whatever floats your boat I guess...ok, end 420 rant! lol

[LINK TO IMAGE]

ODYSSEY COBRA 9MM.

Yeah, I don't get the current seat phase, but oh well. I checked into some of the Odyssey seats, but I'll take a closer look at that one.

I'm also thinking maybe Macneil's fat capital. Looks decent, claims to be the cushiest seat in their line.

thanks for the help.

|

4/20/2007 6:40 AM

chesty wrote:

ur funny

jeffgothro wrote:

[LINK TO IMAGE]

ODYSSEY COBRA 9MM.

karsk wrote:

Yeah, I don't get the current seat phase, but oh well. I checked into some of the Odyssey seats, but I'll take a closer look at that one.

I'm also thinking maybe Macneil's fat capital. Looks decent, claims to be the cushiest seat in their line.

thanks for the help.

Well, if your looking for a Ody Cobra you might have to look online as of I dont think they make it anymore. I'm thinking of buying this for my freeride mt bike, check this one out, looks good and cheap.

Photo

MOSH BMX DJ SHADOW SADDLE BLACK

13.99 on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=7250044386&rd=1&rd=1

|

SBCdestroy

village idiot

4/20/2007 9:00 AM

jeffgothro wrote:

[LINK TO IMAGE]

ODYSSEY COBRA 9MM.

karsk wrote:

thanks for the help.

jeffgothro wrote:

Well, if your looking for a Ody Cobra you might have to look online as of I dont think they make it anymore. I'm thinking of buying this for my freeride mt bike, check this one out, looks good and cheap.

Photo

13.99 on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=7250044386&rd=1&rd=1

I haven't looked on ebay yet, I've only had my new ride for 3 days.

|

5/7/2007 4:17 PM

karsk wrote:

thanks for the help.

jeffgothro wrote:

Photo

13.99 on ebay

karsk wrote:

I have a bulletproof seat and it is very cumfy.
idk how heavy it is but its good.

|

5/7/2007 8:24 PM

jeffgothro wrote:

Photo

13.99 on ebay

karsk wrote:

iBMX wrote:

i use the macniel capital seat with the stump post nice setup. light really sturdy and the seat is nice and comfy my ass cheeks never felt that good on a bmx seat

|

5/8/2007 8:38 AM

karsk wrote:

iBMX wrote:

joe rides bicycles wrote:

i use the macniel capital seat with the stump post nice setup. light really sturdy and the seat is nice and comfy my ass cheeks never felt that good on a bmx seat

I ended up buying the Macneil Fat Capital seat ( and pivotal post). Works like a dream!

|