serious frame thread

Related:
Create New Tag

6/12/2013 12:22 AM

looking for a frame with good hub guard clearance

ati gram + drive side and non drive side guards+ stranger + 27-9 slammed ='s Fucking impossible without fucking up the frame drop outs or hub guards

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/12/2013 12:53 AM

Razor pro.

|

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

[LINK TO IMAGE]

6/12/2013 1:01 AM

Sharpy wrote:

Razor pro.

im thinking some kind of madd gear

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

6/12/2013 1:08 AM

Not a ton of frames work with both slide on guards. That's a lot of extra space being taken up.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

6/12/2013 2:13 AM

Sharpy wrote:

Razor pro.

king_swag wrote:

im thinking some kind of madd gear

Close haha

|

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

[LINK TO IMAGE]

6/12/2013 2:16 AM

future FBM wrote:

Not a ton of frames work with both slide on guards. That's a lot of extra space being taken up.

exactly yet pros have this shit all the time pretty shitty you buy a after market frame and its basically a complete bike retard frame, the stranger frame seems more like a pegless park rat frame

i was thinking the volume triangle or the fiend Ty marrow they both have descriptions that say something about hub guard clearance
the volume is actually noticeable in the picture as well that theres allot more room but those holes i dont like the idea of open ends and never understood why allot of frames have stupid random holes so water can get inside

idk im just sad i cant tide ive been stoke to be able to shredd street without complications and its looking like ill have to ride pegless tomorrow because i dont think its worth it to destroy my bike by forcing it to do things it cant

BTW!!!! the dailly grind front hub is SO FUCKING GOOD spins forever

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/12/2013 10:29 AM

Frames with wishbones have automatically more clearance, you may just need to mod the dsg and it may work

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

6/12/2013 10:34 AM

get a animal PSY hub guard they replace the hardware so you don't have to worry about clearance

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

6/12/2013 10:58 AM

future FBM wrote:

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

exactly yet pros have this shit all the time pretty shitty you buy a after market frame and its basically a complete bike retard frame, the stranger frame seems more like a pegless park rat frame

i was thinking the volume triangle or the fiend Ty marrow they both have descriptions that say something about hub guard clearance
the volume is actually noticeable in the picture as well that theres allot more room but those holes i dont like the idea of open ends and never understood why allot of frames have stupid random holes so water can get inside

idk im just sad i cant tide ive been stoke to be able to shredd street without complications and its looking like ill have to ride pegless tomorrow because i dont think its worth it to destroy my bike by forcing it to do things it cant

BTW!!!! the dailly grind front hub is SO FUCKING GOOD spins forever

Those Holes are needed when the Frame is welded, there is no way around it.

|

6/12/2013 11:14 AM

You want to get Foundation Guards. They are 4140 H.T so you don't have to worry about them dying quickly AND they fit the Antigram hub perfectly with VERY minimal extra width. Go with them & a BSD Frame. One of the guys behind Foundation rides for BSD so i'm 99.9% sure you will not have ANY issues!

|

6/12/2013 11:28 AM

Topsey wrote:

You want to get Foundation Guards. They are 4140 H.T so you don't have to worry about them dying quickly AND they fit the Antigram hub perfectly with VERY minimal extra width. Go with them & a BSD Frame. One of the guys behind Foundation rides for BSD so i'm 99.9% sure you will not have ANY issues!

thanks, could you post some links :p

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/12/2013 11:35 AM

zinc scooter

|

6/12/2013 11:38 AM

Cult Badboy worked with two hubguards for me, you're like anti cult or summin tho so dont bother.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

6/12/2013 11:51 AM

Foundation DSG on an Antigram Hub, cant find the regular guard photo though! Email Pef @ FoundationBMXCo@Gmail.com for more photos & he'll help you out with whatever you need to know...

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

6/12/2013 12:11 PM

Subrosa Noster has assloads of space.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

6/12/2013 2:39 PM

Topsey wrote:

Foundation DSG on an Antigram Hub, cant find the regular guard photo though! Email Pef @ FoundationBMXCo@Gmail.com for more photos & he'll help you out with whatever you need to know...

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Thank you very much buddie ill send them an email

sucks i feel like i got these daily grind guards for no reason and its gonna be a long time before i can blow more money on bike stuff

the thing is the daily dsg works perfectly fine just takes up too much space and would have serious damage to the frames weld zone the drop out and the guard its self thats why im thinking a new frame might do the trick, but im gonna want it slammed again and those bsd frames have funky chain stay lengths from what dans says, 12.8-13.4 never seen that before but if it would slam with my gear ratio id get it for sure then again i really want something with a wish bone seems like those never bend to one side or anything weird like that

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/12/2013 2:55 PM

zenith111 wrote:

Cult Badboy worked with two hubguards for me, you're like anti cult or summin tho so dont bother.

yea cult has put a terrible image on bmx in my opinion and there frames come in 13.55 not sure where that would leave me with 27-9

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/12/2013 2:57 PM

KaneF15 wrote:

zinc scooter

you act is if tho i have a killgore frame lmfao sorry bud i like tall stand over height lookin for 8.75-9

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/12/2013 3:04 PM

Me? wrote:

Subrosa Noster has assloads of space.

im likeing the villicus prime but again funky chain stay length

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/12/2013 3:21 PM

Hoffman Bama. 113mm of clearance, 3mm more than usual. Plus it's extremely durable and like $250 on Dan's.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/12/2013 6:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2013 6:15 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Hoffman Bama. 113mm of clearance, 3mm more than usual. Plus it's extremely durable and like $250 on Dan's.

way to close to saying obama lol

just messin but not feeling the geometry, then again though i had a loyalty and that frame was a rail slayer 74 degree head tube some how felt like 75

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/14/2013 8:24 AM

Topsey wrote:

[LINK TO IMAGE]

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

Thank you very much buddie ill send them an email

sucks i feel like i got these daily grind guards for no reason and its gonna be a long time before i can blow more money on bike stuff

the thing is the daily dsg works perfectly fine just takes up too much space and would have serious damage to the frames weld zone the drop out and the guard its self thats why im thinking a new frame might do the trick, but im gonna want it slammed again and those bsd frames have funky chain stay lengths from what dans says, 12.8-13.4 never seen that before but if it would slam with my gear ratio id get it for sure then again i really want something with a wish bone seems like those never bend to one side or anything weird like that

bump

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/14/2013 9:04 AM

future FBM wrote:

Frames with wishbones have automatically more clearance, you may just need to mod the dsg and it may work

not true. my friend has the second wave. he has to bend his dropouts to fit one guard.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/14/2013 9:15 AM

S&m btm has space

|

text me for faster response 7742720929.

Refs- bmxscout48, easternbikes28, DontDELETEmePLEASEandTHANKyou, Mybike1986, Funky chicken

6/14/2013 9:36 AM

The WZA V3 has the super short chain stays. Look at the Forever or the Raider frame. Much Longer chain stays!

|

6/14/2013 1:27 PM

Topsey wrote:

The WZA V3 has the super short chain stays. Look at the Forever or the Raider frame. Much Longer chain stays!

So I should stick with 13.50 chain stay since I know it slams, I'm thinking the volume triangle frame it looks legit and has chain tensioners

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life