service of the bb

Related:
Create New Tag

4/9/2012 1:31 PM

hey guys i wanna take my cranks apart on my 2011 wtp volta the cranks are the standered ones which are
Salt Plus ( L&R) tub. 3pc crank CrMo, 175mm, 48 spline
just wondering how the hell do i get them off took the compression bolt of the side of one on the crank arms (the opposite side to the sprocket side) and them i tried to pull the crank arm off an it wont budge !!! do i need a special tool or .... ?

|

4/9/2012 1:32 PM

A hammer. Thats about it. Get a nice heavy rubber mallet and a small piece of wood. Beat the cranks off the sindle

|

4/9/2012 1:46 PM

but were do i hit after taking the compression bolt off the side the spindle is inside the crank arm yer so if i hit te crank arm on the other side from behind an hitting it away from the bike my mate bent his doing that so ....

|

4/9/2012 1:55 PM

stick a small piece of wood or something inside the crank where the bolt came off and tap the spindle with a hammer so that it pushes out of the crank arm

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

4/9/2012 1:59 PM

an when i get it off give it all a clean and stuff do i grease that spindle up with a massive lot of grease or what? i mean do i like cover it all in grease caking it in it ?

|

4/9/2012 2:03 PM

i wouldn't go too heavy with the grease but make sure there is a layer over the length of the spindle. you don't any dry metal-to-dry metal contact. some people will disagree with me on this but in my experience, if something isn't broken or working incorrectly, don't take it apart but i guess it's good to learn how to work on your bike.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

4/9/2012 4:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/9/2012 4:31 PM

use some dynamite

|