shoes

Related:
Create New Tag

5/24/2011 1:44 PM

i know there are loads of posts on here about shoes, but i want to know what shoes hold up the best, ive had my shoes for 2 weeks, been on my bike twice with them and they are trashed already, getting brakes soon though, so what shoes hold up the best, and how do vans hold up cause i really want a pair

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

5/24/2011 1:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2011 1:50 PM

Nikes definitely hold up very well. I trashed some Etnies in 2 months, and my Nikes are still going strong after almost a year.

I don't know about Vans, but my sisters Vans have laster her 4 years, but she doesn't ride! :L

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

5/24/2011 1:53 PM

camjf wrote:

Nikes definitely hold up very well. I trashed some Etnies in 2 months, and my Nikes are still going strong after almost a year.

I don't know about Vans, but my sisters Vans have laster her 4 years, but she doesn't ride! :L

its nikes i have just now, wore them twice on my bike and my braking foot is completley bare, i was so pissed, im going to get brakes coz i cant be arsed going through shoes, i dont know if its cause they were so light ? i mean they were really really light

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

5/24/2011 1:57 PM

camjf wrote:

Nikes definitely hold up very well. I trashed some Etnies in 2 months, and my Nikes are still going strong after almost a year.

I don't know about Vans, but my sisters Vans have laster her 4 years, but she doesn't ride! :L

mccarthy04 wrote:

its nikes i have just now, wore them twice on my bike and my braking foot is completley bare, i was so pissed, im going to get brakes coz i cant be arsed going through shoes, i dont know if its cause they were so light ? i mean they were really really light

What Nikes were they?

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

5/24/2011 1:58 PM

camjf wrote:

Nikes definitely hold up very well. I trashed some Etnies in 2 months, and my Nikes are still going strong after almost a year.

I don't know about Vans, but my sisters Vans have laster her 4 years, but she doesn't ride! :L

mccarthy04 wrote:

its nikes i have just now, wore them twice on my bike and my braking foot is completley bare, i was so pissed, im going to get brakes coz i cant be arsed going through shoes, i dont know if its cause they were so light ? i mean they were really really light

camjf wrote:

What Nikes were they?

nike air avids, i have had shitty experience with 6.0's and good with air's so i bought a pair of these and they are terrible

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

5/24/2011 2:01 PM

mccarthy04 wrote:

its nikes i have just now, wore them twice on my bike and my braking foot is completley bare, i was so pissed, im going to get brakes coz i cant be arsed going through shoes, i dont know if its cause they were so light ? i mean they were really really light

camjf wrote:

What Nikes were they?

mccarthy04 wrote:

nike air avids, i have had shitty experience with 6.0's and good with air's so i bought a pair of these and they are terrible

Honestly, I can't reccomend any shoes other than Nikes. I've run Etnies, DC's, Nike's, Emerica, and Nike's were by far the best. Etnies were very comfortable, and the soles felt like walking on water, but Nikes lasted me so long!

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

5/24/2011 2:03 PM

camjf wrote:

What Nikes were they?

mccarthy04 wrote:

nike air avids, i have had shitty experience with 6.0's and good with air's so i bought a pair of these and they are terrible

camjf wrote:

Honestly, I can't reccomend any shoes other than Nikes. I've run Etnies, DC's, Nike's, Emerica, and Nike's were by far the best. Etnies were very comfortable, and the soles felt like walking on water, but Nikes lasted me so long!

what nikes are we talking about ? ill need to sell some shit but hopefully ill get the money and still get my brakes

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

5/24/2011 2:04 PM

6.0's dont last but SB's do

the longest lasting for me were Ipath Cats but they do look a little weird.

Emerica Hsu's are amazing and last a long time if you like mid's that aren't stiff

right now im on 3 months with a pair of Almond Defacto's that have the second best grip ever after the Cats but are also very stiff if you like that. they also have had very little wear.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

5/24/2011 2:04 PM

mccarthy04 wrote:

nike air avids, i have had shitty experience with 6.0's and good with air's so i bought a pair of these and they are terrible

camjf wrote:

Honestly, I can't reccomend any shoes other than Nikes. I've run Etnies, DC's, Nike's, Emerica, and Nike's were by far the best. Etnies were very comfortable, and the soles felt like walking on water, but Nikes lasted me so long!

mccarthy04 wrote:

what nikes are we talking about ? ill need to sell some shit but hopefully ill get the money and still get my brakes

Nike Mogan Lows

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

5/24/2011 2:05 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

6.0's dont last but SB's do

the longest lasting for me were Ipath Cats but they do look a little weird.

Emerica Hsu's are amazing and last a long time if you like mid's that aren't stiff

right now im on 3 months with a pair of Almond Defacto's that have the second best grip ever after the Cats but are also very stiff if you like that. they also have had very little wear.

thanks man

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

5/24/2011 2:12 PM

vans last a long as time my last pair lasted me just under a year and the WAFFLES!!!!!!!!!!!!! are amazing for gripping pedals

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual
nollie 540 cab try it its fun

5/24/2011 2:13 PM

bricerbmx wrote:

vans last a long as time my last pair lasted me just under a year and the WAFFLES!!!!!!!!!!!!! are amazing for gripping pedals

cheers

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

5/24/2011 2:17 PM

bricerbmx wrote:

vans last a long as time my last pair lasted me just under a year and the WAFFLES!!!!!!!!!!!!! are amazing for gripping pedals

mccarthy04 wrote:

cheers

i have the desurgents right now had them about a month now and they still look new
and the last pair i had were the whips they were amazing

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual
nollie 540 cab try it its fun

5/24/2011 2:20 PM

Nikes are the only shoes that have lasted me. My friends almonds surprisingly pooped after less than a month, huge hole on the toe and a big split on the left shoe's side.

|

5/24/2011 2:23 PM

Booshy wrote:

Nikes are the only shoes that have lasted me. My friends almonds surprisingly pooped after less than a month, huge hole on the toe and a big split on the left shoe's side.

thanks man

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

5/24/2011 2:32 PM

i wear vans wave 3's had them for three months and they are really good.

|

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

5/24/2011 4:30 PM

orchird vandever 2. ive had them for 8 moths so far and the only priblem is there is a tiny tiny hole on the sole (everyday i fly down a big ass hill with the sole of my shoe for the brake. and tons of grip.

|

5/24/2011 5:08 PM

Osiris!!

|

5/24/2011 5:25 PM

bricerbmx wrote:

vans last a long as time my last pair lasted me just under a year and the WAFFLES!!!!!!!!!!!!! are amazing for gripping pedals

vans nigggggaaaahhhh!!!

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdick~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/24/2011 5:27 PM

VANS ALL THE WAY. get the chukkas low or high flexible durable shoe waffle grip!
got right now

|

5/24/2011 5:31 PM

My last pair of Vans TNT's lasted me 8 months, which was really good. I've worn Nike 6.0's, Etnies and 'es. Most of those lasted 2-5 months. And the Vans waffle sole is fucking amazing.

|

5/24/2011 5:39 PM

WAFFLES!!!!!!!
that is all

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual
nollie 540 cab try it its fun

5/25/2011 4:05 PM

so vans brakeless then ?

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

5/25/2011 4:40 PM

ILoveMyVerde wrote:

Osiris!!

ewww...fugly

|

5/25/2011 7:35 PM

the best ever are addidas, im the only person that vie seen that strictly wears addidas for riding,

http://www.shopadidas.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4477734&page=3&cp=3748174.3748184.2039609&cid=G20518&shopGroup=R

these look sick as hell and they realli do hold up, i ride premium slims and i never slip but also the shoes are so durable the pedals don't realli wear em out

http://www.shopadidas.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4478226&page=2&cp=3748174.3748184.2039609&cid=G44429&shopGroup=R

and if those are a lil 2 nice then there are perfect 2

|

...The ONLY thing skateboards are good for, is filming BMX edits...

5/25/2011 8:00 PM

Booshy wrote:

Nikes are the only shoes that have lasted me. My friends almonds surprisingly pooped after less than a month, huge hole on the toe and a big split on the left shoe's side.

i had the opposite experience. my 6.0 mavriks lasted about a week before i got a hole in the toe and one of the side panels ripped while my defactos have already gone through hell and back without a scratch.

the Nike SB's i've had were great though.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

5/26/2011 1:56 AM

Booshy wrote:

Nikes are the only shoes that have lasted me. My friends almonds surprisingly pooped after less than a month, huge hole on the toe and a big split on the left shoe's side.

cupovjoe wrote:

i had the opposite experience. my 6.0 mavriks lasted about a week before i got a hole in the toe and one of the side panels ripped while my defactos have already gone through hell and back without a scratch.

the Nike SB's i've had were great though.

Fair enough, my nikes were mogan mids 2, and now are the mogan zooms or something, and they have both lasted well. I dunno, I think my friend got a defective shoe from almond, because I heard of someone else getting a free replacement when their's got torn up fast.

|

5/26/2011 4:05 AM

SUPRA and some c1rca

|

5/26/2011 4:36 AM

Circa & Osiris are my favorite. Right now I have these:
http://www.zumiez.com/shoes/guys-shoes/osiris-nyc-83-vulc-charcoal-grey-and-red-shoe.html

Does anyone know how good Supra's ride?

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

5/27/2011 10:52 PM

Nike melees are cool , but if you wanna ride brakeless and keep your shoes in good condish I would recommend stopping by putting both feet on the ground and sitting on the seat this is working for me

|

Ref(s):xBikeaholicx,SafetyFirst