should i buy 1948 premium cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

9/19/2013 11:57 PM

are they good? if not can you tell me if odyssey thunderbolt cranks good? i got told at crappy BMX forum 1948 premium cranks were shit and about the odyssey thunderbirds too. are those cranks shit or are they bullshit artists. i think they are!

|

9/20/2013 12:37 AM

no.

Get thunderbolts

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

9/20/2013 12:38 AM

I have 1948s now and had thunderbolts before them. I love my 1948s but also loved my thunderbolts so go with either man. Thunderbolts have a better warranty so maybe get them if you want

|

9/20/2013 12:39 AM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

no.

Get thunderbolts

Have you had both? If not then you can't say which is better

|

9/20/2013 6:11 AM

I haven't ridden either, BUT I have heard some not so good reports about the 1948s.
Of the two, I'd take the thunderbolts any day.
Your biggest decision is going to be whether you want to buy a new BB or not, unless you have a 22mm or 19mm lying around, (depending on what BB you're riding right now) because the Odysseys are 22mm and the Premiums are 19mm.
But if it were my bike I'd definitely get the Odysseys, they're also on sale on Dans right now.

|


Insta: @devicacy

9/20/2013 10:50 AM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

no.

Get thunderbolts

Caelum Persson wrote:

Have you had both? If not then you can't say which is better

Odyssey > Premium any day

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

9/20/2013 11:09 AM

You should ride poverty 3 piece cranks

|

9/20/2013 1:58 PM

Eclat Tibia
Eclat Onyx

These are also solid

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

9/20/2013 2:48 PM

I think I spy a troll

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


9/20/2013 3:32 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

no.

Get thunderbolts

Caelum Persson wrote:

Have you had both? If not then you can't say which is better

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

Odyssey > Premium any day

whilst i agree that odyssey are a better brand overall, ive had both cranks and i prefer the premiums so you really cant judge the cranks by company.

|

9/20/2013 5:07 PM

thanks for all the answers!! i think i will go for the thunderbolts form what you all said. thanks again well appreciated

|

9/20/2013 7:13 PM

I honestly love thunderbolts, get those!

|

Email: mccheesekid@gmail.com
Instagram: @McCheeseKid

Bought from: hrin, Me?, ecuadevil, regalracing, Dolphin

9/20/2013 7:40 PM

I have Eclat tibia, Onyx & Thunderbolts. The Onyx flexed on drops tibias are better but Thunderbolts are by far the most solid to me. I don't like any 48spline cranks they all seem to flex, the only 48s I would buy in the future are the Solid Bitch cranks I have heard nothing but good things about those.

|

9/22/2013 4:58 PM

I have been running 1948s for over a year, at my heaviest I was 254 lbs. Right now I am clocking in around 230, and not a terribly smooth lander. No bends, no noticeable flex, still going strong. Love them.

Keep in mind, I take care of my bike. It has only been let go of ONE TIME since I built it up. All my other bails were pretty much loop outs or me being the cushion for the bike. It still looks almost new.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/22/2013 6:34 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I have been running 1948s for over a year, at my heaviest I was 254 lbs. Right now I am clocking in around 230, and not a terribly smooth lander. No bends, no noticeable flex, still going strong. Love them.

Keep in mind, I take care of my bike. It has only been let go of ONE TIME since I built it up. All my other bails were pretty much loop outs or me being the cushion for the bike. It still looks almost new.

How do you bail on gaps dude? I used to try no not let go but I kept falling onto my bike or ending up in sketchy positions and hurting myself. I don't throw it but sometimes I just have to let go.

|

9/22/2013 6:48 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I have been running 1948s for over a year, at my heaviest I was 254 lbs. Right now I am clocking in around 230, and not a terribly smooth lander. No bends, no noticeable flex, still going strong. Love them.

Keep in mind, I take care of my bike. It has only been let go of ONE TIME since I built it up. All my other bails were pretty much loop outs or me being the cushion for the bike. It still looks almost new.

BNC wrote:

How do you bail on gaps dude? I used to try no not let go but I kept falling onto my bike or ending up in sketchy positions and hurting myself. I don't throw it but sometimes I just have to let go.

Depends on the gap. If I can just grin and hang on, even if I case, I do that or put a foot down if I can.

If it is something ridiculous, I just don't do it. Gaps aren't really my thing. I also at this point dislike stairs haaha.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/23/2013 1:17 PM

I found the 1948 for 79.99 free shipping they also have other cheap stuff tooo http://www.eriksbikeshop.com/Premium-Products-1948-BMX-Cranks/PR3C12044/Product

|

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭12‬:‭7‬ KJV)
Sold to: storeboughtchild,Maximusbikes,cro tec,Showtime402,Kevinbrock338,dktechethan,Robinson79
Traded: livefreeordie2332(x2), Aebasher.
TXT Me (480)340-7551

9/23/2013 1:20 PM

Dans comp has promos out the butt right now. but here is the thing man.. the thunderbolts are expensive more so than the 1948... so if you are willing Thunderbolts

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

9/23/2013 1:23 PM

Mario.villegas90 wrote:

I found the 1948 for 79.99 free shipping they also have other cheap stuff tooo http://www.eriksbikeshop.com/Premium-Products-1948-BMX-Cranks/PR3C12044/Product

I used to work for this company in the St. Cloud store, I was service manager, and sales. Solid price for the cranks.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura