should i start buliding my bmx from scatch.

Related:
Create New Tag

10/2/2013 6:41 PM

Hi guys right now it fall i still can ride my bmx bike it has been warm this week. I have an haro backtrail it a good bike for me since im a benniger i been riding all summer i kinda want to customzie my bmx bike for next year. Should i keep my haro backtrail and custimzie it or should i get a new bmx bike becasue my freind has an premium subway frame he would sell the frame for 125. Should i buy that then customzie it from scratch buy new parts everthing else. Are premium bmx bikes are good.

|

10/2/2013 6:47 PM

Don't buy that frame, he's overpricing you.
Just add parts to the bike you already have. Eventually you'll have a custom.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

10/2/2013 6:50 PM

Ok i talk him down to 75.00 80.00. is that a good price should buy it or just keep my haro customzie it.

|

10/2/2013 6:55 PM

Buy the frame but still focus on your bike.
You could always just throw the parts you have on the Haro to the Premium frame.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

10/2/2013 7:08 PM

I really dont have good parts on my haro backtrail. The best is the s&m seat everthing is stock haro parts.

|

10/2/2013 7:32 PM

If you do buy a high end frame don't put it on until you start messing with grinds so you don't fuck up your stays/downtube. Once you get basics down on your beater throw your new joint on.

|

10/2/2013 7:53 PM

BNC wrote:

If you do buy a high end frame don't put it on until you start messing with grinds so you don't fuck up your stays/downtube. Once you get basics down on your beater throw your new joint on.

So you are saying if i do buy the frame i should not use it yet. Because i was going to buy it get tons of new parts like bars forks pedals chain wheels rims tires seat grips stem cranks etc. I was going paint it an other color i was thinking flucesent color.

|

10/2/2013 8:04 PM

Upgrade, I did.that with mongoose. Worked well but I sold it to get money for project fit

|

10/2/2013 8:14 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Upgrade, I did.that with mongoose. Worked well but I sold it to get money for project fit

I was thinking of upgrading to but it is a heavy i was trying make ot lighter how would i do that. Are haro backtrail are good for bennigers.

|

10/2/2013 8:18 PM

joltman900 wrote:

So you are saying if i do buy the frame i should not use it yet. Because i was going to buy it get tons of new parts like bars forks pedals chain wheels rims tires seat grips stem cranks etc. I was going paint it an other color i was thinking flucesent color.

I'm saying just get the basics down first so you don't destroy your new 350+ dollar frame missing grinds etc. and have to buy a new one.

If you wanna build a whole bike go for it though man getting a big box full of new shit is awesome haha

|

10/2/2013 8:25 PM

BNC wrote:

joltman900 wrote:

BNC wrote:

I'm saying just get the basics down first so you don't destroy your new 350+ dollar frame missing grinds etc. and have to buy a new one.

If you wanna build a whole bike go for it though man getting a big box full of new shit is awesome haha

I been riding all summer but i still leaning everthing. I will do that keep my haro practie.

|

10/2/2013 8:29 PM

I been riding all summer long. But im still leaning everthing. I was going to buy the frame and paint it aaron ross color fluecsent yellow sunday funday.

|

10/2/2013 8:57 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

joltman900 wrote:

I was thinking of upgrading to but it is a heavy i was trying make ot lighter how would i do that. Are haro backtrail are good for bennigers.

Yes, but if it is too heavy it builds muscle, im thirteen running a 30 lbs bike.

|

10/2/2013 9:36 PM

Ok i will do that. Im thrirteen to.

|

10/2/2013 9:46 PM

joltman900 wrote:

Ok i will do that. Im thrirteen to.

Good idea, save money, plus, you can see how it all progresses. First part for me would be the small stuff like chains, get the whipperman g8 from American cycle.com

|

10/2/2013 10:27 PM

BNC wrote:

Yeah.... I kinda did the opposite of that. Babied my first frame, then traded it for a downgrade cause it was "newer year model" (I'm an idiot, I know). -___- Then I put a few dents in my new frame. How great. Now I feel like getting another frame..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke