silencing a hub?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/29/2013 8:07 PM

I tried grease and motor oil but my primo is still loud af any other suggestions?

|

Refs:
ac~handley -les.cheek - the_bmxist -Skids007(x4) - Roqfan - jared42069 - Bmxnick2511

3/29/2013 8:10 PM

some little kid is gonna stumble upon this at some point and think "Why would he want his hub to be quiet?!"

all I know is to grease the pawls & the ratchet ring specifically. don't overdue it though cause too much grease is a bad thing

|

3/29/2013 8:12 PM

Y WULD U want hub to be quiet. Louder the hub the better am i rite!? Quiet hubs r for idiets.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

3/29/2013 8:13 PM

I heard greasing it will work. Not too much though.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

3/29/2013 8:14 PM

I made my profile quieter... Shit got annoying lol.

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

3/29/2013 8:32 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

some little kid is gonna stumble upon this at some point and think "Why would he want his hub to be quiet?!"

all I know is to grease the pawls & the ratchet ring specifically. don't overdue it though cause too much grease is a bad thing

I was that kid once... Shit was gay lol. This primo wont shut the f*** up, im trying to make my bike silence I got smoother tires and running the 40 PSI, maybe some slicker sleeves.

|

Refs:
ac~handley -les.cheek - the_bmxist -Skids007(x4) - Roqfan - jared42069 - Bmxnick2511

3/29/2013 8:34 PM

kevin burnett wrote:

I was that kid once... Shit was gay lol. This primo wont shut the f*** up, im trying to make my bike silence I got smoother tires and running the 40 PSI, maybe some slicker sleeves.

Primo at least sounds cool and somewhat different than other hubs. I do not care at all about sound/loudness, but it does sound cool haha.

|

3/29/2013 8:35 PM

Dude, i've been thinking the same shit too! My Mix is too damn loud, and its 4 pawls. I was at my indoor park the other day and there were 6 Elites. That shit got so damn annoying, so fast.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

3/29/2013 8:45 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

kevin burnett wrote:

you are all stupid. hubs make noise. the end. grease will reduce the noise a little bit but do not over grease them. and motor oil?!?! really.... thats just not smart. and the lower the psi the more noise. less psi means more surface on the ground to cause noise

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10

3/29/2013 8:47 PM

get a freecoaster

lol but really the only way to slightly quiet your hub would to grease the internals a little, like sundaybmxRR said

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

3/29/2013 8:58 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

you are all stupid. hubs make noise. the end. grease will reduce the noise a little bit but do not over grease them. and motor oil?!?! really.... thats just not smart. and the lower the psi the more noise. less psi means more surface on the ground to cause noise

Explain how we are stupid.

|

3/29/2013 9:04 PM

I greased mine with some axel grease, worked perfect was completely silent except for a faint ticking sound for almost 3 months.

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/29/2013 10:15 PM

I just took apart my amazing loud new hub to find that it's fully degreased. The pawls and everything were literally still brand new so I took some silcon, silcone oil or whatever, and put that shit all over the pawls and a just little bit on the ratchet area. Got a tiny bit quieter but not much. At least my pawls and hub won't shit out. Every hub I've owned has skipped at least once. Wonder why..?

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

3/29/2013 11:06 PM

If you want a silent bike get a sealed freecoaster and sealed front hub.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me