single wall rims

Related:
Create New Tag

7/19/2008 9:06 PM

are they shity cuase a friend wants to get the sinner but the wheels are single walled

|

7/19/2008 9:07 PM

they bend easier then double and triple wall..but would be fine for a while, he can always upgrade later.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

09 Kink Transition...yes...i ride a tranny.

Im the CLIT commander of the sexy army.

7/19/2008 9:12 PM

well hes kinda short on money so he cant be buying all wiked sick parts

|

7/19/2008 9:13 PM

is he a begginer, or has he been riding for a while, rims can always be trued. u can get some decent wheelsets from dans for like 80 bucks.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

7/19/2008 9:13 PM

single wall is better than no wall

|

Bikes Make Me Jizz

7/19/2008 9:16 PM

no hes not begginer but hes cant do like 360s and shit so.....

|

7/19/2008 9:17 PM

im using a borrowed front wheel right now that has an eastern hub, and a single walled rim, worst of both words

and it hold up just fine, but i changed my riding style cause i know i will bend it, so as long as he babies them he should be fine

|

My refs ?... Nigga just ask about me

7/19/2008 9:17 PM

he should be fine, they may get tweaked everynow and then, but thats an easy fix.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

7/19/2008 9:19 PM

ok well i dont wanna tell him to get this and he fucks the wheels

|

7/19/2008 9:23 PM

Ive had a single wall Alex MX 22 on my front wheel for 4 years. Broken 1 spoke that whole time, never trued it, and it is still pretty damn strait. Came from a Volume dinosaur complete about 4 or 5 years ago...

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

7/19/2008 9:34 PM

i have never changed my front rim
and its an Alex single wall

|

Bikes Make Me Jizz

7/19/2008 9:37 PM

DaNokeBMX wrote:

do you go big?or average?thats what we are.....how old is it

|

7/19/2008 9:38 PM

6 months
i go pretty big
but i think its hard to bend a front rim unless ur slammin into crap

|

Bikes Make Me Jizz

7/19/2008 9:39 PM

DaNokeBMX wrote:

yeah fo single walls and rims in general ALEX is the best me i had a set that came on my bike b4 i gave em to my friend hold up nize the best single walls ive seen so for tho had be the ones on my old haro 48 spoke to rode it almost a year and beat the shit out of it indestructabe

|

Out tha game

fork 4 sale odssey classic dirt

7/19/2008 9:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2008 9:41 PM

i droped so many ledges on it to (haro single wall unsealed 48's)

|

Out tha game

fork 4 sale odssey classic dirt

7/19/2008 9:43 PM

DaNokeBMX wrote:

Mr Wilson wrote:

yeah fo single walls and rims in general ALEX is the best me i had a set that came on my bike b4 i gave em to my friend hold up nize the best single walls ive seen so for tho had be the ones on my old haro 48 spoke to rode it almost a year and beat the shit out of it indestructabe

haha
i have bent 3 back rims though

|

Bikes Make Me Jizz

7/19/2008 9:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 4:42 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Ive had a single wall Alex MX 22 on my front wheel for 4 years. Broken 1 spoke that whole time, never trued it, and it is still pretty damn strait. Came from a Volume dinosaur complete about 4 or 5 years ago...

Yea I rode one too for a year or two with only like 2 broken spokes. But the thing with M22s is that they are sort of like a single wall but with a double wall height.

Single wall rims can be a bitch when you put new tires on. Because the wall isn't tall like double wall rims, the tire casing can slip out alot easier. Be careful when you pump up a new tire on a single wall rim. Always check to make sure the tire is seated nicely, otherwise the tube will seep out of the tire and it will explode if you dont release the air quick enough. Trust me, this has happened to me before.

Other than that, single wall rim is ok for the front. I ran a single wall rim for my front wheel for like 6 months. However, I rode very lightly when I did. No hard/sketchy landings or whatever.

If you do want a single wall, get an Alex MX22; nothing else.

|

This message is brought to you by JonathanAllen.

This is Red Panda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda

MOTW 5/17/2010 - 5/23/2010

7/19/2008 9:44 PM

DaNokeBMX wrote:

Mr Wilson wrote:

DaNokeBMX wrote:

haha

join the club

|

Yeah

7/19/2008 9:52 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

JonathanAllen wrote:

Yea I rode one too for a year or two with only like 2 broken spokes. But the thing with M22s is that they are sort of like a single wall but with a double wall height.

Single wall rims can be a bitch when you put new tires on. Because the wall isn't tall like double wall rims, the tire casing can slip out alot easier. Be careful when you pump up a new tire on a single wall rim. Always check to make sure the tire is seated nicely, otherwise the tube will seep out of the tire and it will explode if you dont release the air quick enough. Trust me, this has happened to me before.

Other than that, single wall rim is ok for the front. I ran a single wall rim for my front wheel for like 6 months. However, I rode very lightly when I did. No hard/sketchy landings or whatever.

If you do want a single wall, get an Alex MX22; nothing else.

holy fuck...i always thought the mx22's were double wall......i have them..and if my fat arse hasent bent them..ur friend should be fine.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

7/19/2008 10:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 4:42 PM

DaNokeBMX wrote:

haha

yea cuz i've watched you fucking case them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but its all good lil nigga

|

doctor i'm okay, but my bike's sick

7/19/2008 11:37 PM

haro single wall rims are fucking strong as hell

bit heavey but strong

|

I RIDE EASTERN, HAHA, BET NO-ONE HAS THIS SIGNATURE,