skyway wheels

Related:
Create New Tag

9/14/2008 9:06 PM

does anyone know if you can get the oldschool skyway 5-spoked wheels with a 14mm axel? is it possible or would i have to modify a regular one? i'm making a bmx for my dad, and it's gotta look vintage...

|

chuck norris rides little kid's bikes!!!

9/14/2008 11:51 PM

you can get spacers on danscomp so that they can fit a 14mm dropout

http://www.danscomp.com/437000.php?cat=PARTS

|

Learn It
Live It
Love It
Ride

Only 100 out of 1000 riders can build trails

9/14/2008 11:52 PM

you can get spacers on danscomp so that they can fit a 14mm dropout

http://www.danscomp.com/...437000.php?cat=PARTS

|

Learn It
Live It
Love It
Ride

Only 100 out of 1000 riders can build trails

9/15/2008 3:50 PM

I think 2-hip just re-introduced a complete with a aluminum frame called the porker and it has skyways with a cassette(yes cassette)and i think it has 14mm on it.That would be cool if ya could buy them(just the mags) i don't think i'd run them but it would be cool to mess around with them.

|

9/15/2008 4:05 PM

|

9/15/2008 4:52 PM

i toyed with the whole spacer thing, but that'll be last resort... i have to buy the wheels anyways so i was wondering if they came 14, but i guess not...and pantera 214life, a cassette would be freaking sweet!!! think you could find something on it??

|

chuck norris rides little kid's bikes!!!

8/10/2010 9:06 AM

You can get 14mm axels on coloredtuffs.com. And Dans has the spacers. I would get the steel ones, and not the nuts w/spacers. I have been trying to get 9 tooth driver on them for years now. I am thinking of starting my own company and building them and including the new popular color purple. Those were the best wheels ever, but nobody wants to run a 41 or 44 tooth sprocket. Colored tuffs is so vintage, stuck in the day, like the mullet.

|

8/10/2010 9:27 AM

|

8/10/2010 9:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2010 9:30 AM

EARACHE wrote:

You can get 14mm axels on coloredtuffs.com. And Dans has the spacers. I would get the steel ones, and not the nuts w/spacers. I have been trying to get 9 tooth driver on them for years now. I am thinking of starting my own company and building them and including the new popular color purple. Those were the best wheels ever, but nobody wants to run a 41 or 44 tooth sprocket. Colored tuffs is so vintage, stuck in the day, like the mullet.

im sure hes still looking for help on this topic after almost 2 years

|

8/10/2010 9:37 AM

EARACHE wrote:

It's been two years I don't think he need any more help. Check the dates before posting.

|