so its offical

Related:
Create New Tag

8/18/2015 11:48 AM

im going to be building some trails on my property i got couple of acres to deal with. thinking of even building a nice double gaping the stream, nothing crazy some 4 foot high jumps (can always build steeper and bigger lol) to get back in the groove and some berms. some fill soil is about $20 a yard figure couple of truck loads do me good. going to start off with around 5 jumps circling the wooded area, beyond the stream i actually have an oval track for quads and dirtbikes. but yep started digging and said fuck it i have a truck and money lol. and yes i know at the base dig it out as a groove get more of a dip down in front of the jumps. i live in the north east. i know how to build trails lol

[youtube]

[/youtube]

video got interlaced and distorted as fuck thanks to windows 10
|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

8/18/2015 2:27 PM

$20/yard X one dump truck(w/ dump trailer, so technically 2) = like $1k +/-, and even that will only end up being enough for a couple decent doubles. I've wanted to do the same for years but never been able to just because of being a broke ass. Digging is free but alot harder work, so you gotta sacrifice one way or the other. You'd honestly be better off renting a Bobcat for a couple days and using what you already have. That way you can also smooth everything out around it and get some grass seed to make it nice too! Or it would also make it possible for you to make a couple different lines next to your original one as well, which would definitely be bad ass! That's how I see it anyways. Lol

|

8/18/2015 2:33 PM

-Havok- wrote:

$20/yard X one dump truck(w/ dump trailer, so technically 2) = like $1k +/-, and even that will only end up being enough for a ...more

Um...

How big are these "couple decent doubles"?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/18/2015 3:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2015 3:15 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Um...

How big are these "couple decent doubles"?

With lips and landings at 5ft, which I guess is considered "decent", he'd probably get 3 doubles. But I guess this all depends on how big he makes them, and how much he slims them down as well, making the most out of what he has. And also how big of a dump truck we talking here? A regular truck you see driving down the street doesn't hold as much as everyone thinks, which is why I said with the trailer full too. Pro dirt events take tons and tons of dirt costing thousands of dollars, and I'm not even talking about Dreamline. Lol

Are you trying to make skinny perfect jumps like these:

Photo

Photo

Or wide jumps like these? The step up in the bottom pic is probably a full truck load by itself.

Photo

Photo

|

8/18/2015 3:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2015 3:29 PM

Here's a few more good ones for inspiration. Lol. First two are the same spot as the previous post first one. I try to save as many perfect trail pics as I can, so when I finally have a yard again and the means to make my own, I can see how I want them from the start. I have alot more too

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

8/18/2015 4:45 PM

Most of our landings are two or three dump truck sized. Or bigger. All hand dug.

I'd rent a bobcat as mentioned above, if that was an option.

|

8/18/2015 4:57 PM

I'll bring a shovel, and my bike tongue

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

8/18/2015 7:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2015 8:41 PM

I'm not going crazy boys I can't get a dump truck back (friend has an f350 dump truck I know) there I can get my pick up back there though. It's super rocky soil. I'm building only like 5 jumps and couple of berms. Truck has an 8 foot bed I can also always find free fill soil. Like said 4 feet high max I havnt ridden trails since in my teens. I also have bunch of trees and wooden pallets(I heat my home with pellet stove a ton comes with a pallet) to use. build em about 3 feet high and dig down couple feet in front of em, carve berms into earth

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

8/18/2015 7:57 PM

layout i had in mind.Photo

|

8/18/2015 10:18 PM

You should work a shark fin into one of those turns somehow!

|

8/18/2015 11:25 PM

put a quarter burm between the last landing in the jump line and the first one or give it enough of an angle where you can keep your speed and do another lap without having to go back down the roller.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop