so rehab sucks...

Related:
Create New Tag

4/5/2018 10:13 AM

So I am in inpatient rehab. I have some limited net access, but they wont let me ride my bike till after detox.

So far this sucks...

|

4/5/2018 10:19 AM

Bummer, dude. But hey.... once your clean, you are good to go!

|

4/5/2018 10:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/5/2018 10:24 AM

I've been put into Inpatient care for Mental Health twice both for a week(not counting the 72hour hold where regardless of what's wrong with you-even if you're over 18, they make you stay for observation for 3 days), we ate and did group therap. with the Rehab group. How long you in for? They have you on 72hr Hold? You're lucky as fuck if you got net access, Do you have your bike there or just itchin' to get out?

|

4/5/2018 11:34 AM

It gets better, trust me. Priorities first though...

|

4/5/2018 6:41 PM

bassist_nerd wrote:

So I am in inpatient rehab. I have some limited net access, but they wont let me ride my bike till after detox.

So far this ...more

Hey man, it’s not supposed to be fun.

But nothing worth it is ever fun to work for. I’ve lost 6 friends in the past 10 years to overdoses. That shit isn’t fun. Only having fading memories sucks. Stick it out. Can you play BMX streets?

Either way, What you’re doing is more badass than BMX because it takes admitting you have a weakness and started addressing it. It also will allow you to ride your bike with a clearer head and for longer, because you’ll probably live longer.

Keep it up.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/5/2018 7:15 PM

Rehab doesn't suck. Booze and drugs suck. Get well soon.

|

4/5/2018 7:49 PM

Furyus George wrote:

Great outlook! For real

|

4/6/2018 12:32 PM

I've been there bro.. you will see everything in a whole different perspective once you get out and believe it or not when you ride again the beauty in just nature around.you is nice even you're senses become better may sound a bit crazy but it's true it's a great thing you're doing for you're self hats off to.you! Get well my friend!

|

4/6/2018 12:33 PM

Everything in moderation

|

4/6/2018 5:05 PM

Good luck man, its hard but its worth it.

|

4/11/2018 10:47 AM

Hows it going?

|

4/11/2018 1:46 PM

Furyus George wrote:

I second this!!! Get clean...get and stay strong, and then you won't be "boxed in" from doing things!

Addiction is always a prison, in any form....

Use the desire to ride as a goal.

Know that people are behind you in the journey!!!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

4/12/2018 5:58 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Hows it going?

Pretty good. My spirits are good. My mind is clear. I am out of detox and into an apt.
I have about 5-7 more weeks to finish it off though.

Overall I am optimistic. I even got to go ride some.

|

4/12/2018 6:02 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Hows it going?

bassist_nerd wrote:

Pretty good. My spirits are good. My mind is clear. I am out of detox and into an apt.
I have about 5-7 more weeks to finish ...more

Right on, man! Keep it up! Hope each day is better than the last!

|

4/12/2018 6:54 AM

Keep riding in mind. Think of new tricks you want to try out to help keep you on the straight and narrow.

Take apart your bike, clean it and put it back together. Things that will take time and keep your mind busy. Good luck!

|

4/12/2018 8:23 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Hows it going?

bassist_nerd wrote:

from one bassist to another...don't forget to play some too!!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

4/12/2018 2:11 PM

Respect to you.

|

Ride everything

6/4/2018 9:21 AM

Out and all good. Now for some sober riding.

|

6/4/2018 9:56 AM

Awesome!

|

6/4/2018 11:49 AM

Hell yeah man! That's the only way I'll ride and jam, you got this. Stay hooked on bikes!

|

6/4/2018 1:20 PM

Stay strong, get clean and you'll be an even stronger person when you're done!
Best of luck to you!

|

6/4/2018 1:39 PM

Furyus George wrote:

sXeBMXer wrote:

I second this!!! Get clean...get and stay strong, and then you won't be "boxed in" from doing things!

Addiction is always a ...more

calm down there Project X

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

6/4/2018 2:09 PM

Furyus George wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Great outlook! For real

I could not agree more with you.

At 43, I worry about the next generation of people and riders. Seeing it’s a BMX forum lets concentrate on them. I’m not talking about the young pro riders because many of them are 18+. Rather the 10-17 range. I have mixed feelings about weed. If it’s pure and not laced with who knows what it is not as bad as cigarettes. But, some overdo it and then it’s unsafe to be riding or worse driving. Stuff that is harder and highly addictive is all bad. I am going to post a video of someone some may know. And if you watch the video and are messing with any drugs. You might have a different outlook after it ends.

Keep in mind he was getting paid and then well...as most know he was dropped. And now every day is a struggle to stay clean.

|

6/4/2018 2:13 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Hows it going?

bassist_nerd wrote:

Fuckin A, man. You got my support! You legit accomplished / are accomplishing something that many many people were not strong enough to accomplish.

This should be huge for you, and you should be proud as fuck. 5-7 Weeks is nothing compared to you having the rest of your life back.

Keep it up man. And keep riding!

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

6/4/2018 2:32 PM

Furyus George wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Great outlook! For real

Gack2000 wrote:

At 43, I worry about the next generation of people and riders. Seeing it’s a BMX forum lets ...more

I smoked way more before I started riding BMX, I used to drink cheap cider too eugh.
Now it's just smoking with friends a little before a session.
IMO being a little high while riding is better than getting cabbaged everyday and sitting in the woods

|

Hmmm

6/4/2018 11:11 PM

Great to hear!!!

|

6/4/2018 11:19 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Great outlook! For real

Gack2000 wrote:

At 43, I worry about the next generation of people and riders. Seeing it’s a BMX forum lets ...more

Edman123 wrote:

I smoked way more before I started riding BMX, I used to drink cheap cider too eugh.
Now it's just smoking with friends a ...more

Fact

|