solutions to weird footing?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/17/2020 11:22 PM

Basically I kinda ride fuck footed. I spin to the left, grind to the left, and my right foot is forward. The problem with that is I want to be able to learn like 180s and stuff out of double peg grinds. I was thinking of just learning how to grind switch and make that my main way but the problem with that is I'm worried about screwing up my sprocket and stuff since my bike is RHD. What are the best solutions to my problem? I was thinking a guard sprocket but I don't know much about those. Or should I just learn to spin to the right even though that'd be harder to learn than switch grinds

|

6/18/2020 12:39 AM

Just learn regular unless switch feels natural. You are thinking too far into it so just do what feels normal. And at some point you'll learn both to do the advanced trick that are hard and easy 180s.

|

6/18/2020 4:15 AM

Watch videos of Aaron Ross.

He does the same stuff.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/18/2020 4:17 AM

You’ll have the easiest easy 3’s out ever, that’s cool, but hardways will be even harder.
But switch feebles are super easy so it shouldn’t be a problem to learn those hard 180’s.
Just go for 4 pegs, a guard sprocket and a drive side guard (eclat overguard) and you’re good.

|

6/18/2020 6:57 AM

Welcome to the club! I ride the same way.
Two solutions:

1. Just Ride! There is a lot of pro's that ride like this - to many to name (Ryan Nyquist for one)

2. Throw 4 pegs on the bike and no one will be able to tell if you are doing it right or wrong.

Have fun & Ride Bikes!

|

6/18/2020 9:00 AM

Just have fun on your bike, soft 180s and 360s are easier anyways you’ll have a way easier time than me leaving soft spins because it’s not a switch spin or grind...

|

6/18/2020 10:11 AM

supersnivy87 wrote:

Basically I kinda ride fuck footed. I spin to the left, grind to the left, and my right foot is forward. The problem with that is I want to be able to learn like 180s and stuff out of double peg grinds. I was thinking of just learning how to grind switch and make that my main way but the problem with that is I'm worried about screwing up my sprocket and stuff since my bike is RHD. What are the best solutions to my problem? I was thinking a guard sprocket but I don't know much about those. Or should I just learn to spin to the right even though that'd be harder to learn than switch grinds

I'm the same footing and I can 3 out of grinds so easy because of it.

|

I believe in hub guard protection

6/18/2020 10:12 AM

baglagrupie wrote:

Welcome to the club! I ride the same way.
Two solutions:

1. Just Ride! There is a lot of pro's that ride like this - to many to name (Ryan Nyquist for one)

2. Throw 4 pegs on the bike and no one will be able to tell if you are doing it right or wrong.

Have fun & Ride Bikes!

Nyquist doesnt ride like this he spins the wrong way that's all differnt kind of goofy.

|

I believe in hub guard protection

6/19/2020 5:49 AM

I have always wondered about my lack of success with spin tricks and my footing. I keep my left foot forward and naturally want to spin to the left. I have always heard it would be easier to spin to the right or switch my footing.

|