someone explain to me..

Related:
Create New Tag

7/21/2011 9:53 AM

why profile hubs are better than any other hub? other than the weight and loudness, what makes my odyssey v3 worse than a profile? i dont understnd this trend

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/21/2011 9:55 AM

I have Profiles and their really not that special, I've heard they're expensive to fix, there's really nothing that great about them.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/21/2011 9:56 AM

i know james meliota on fly and he hates his profiles

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

7/21/2011 10:03 AM

Four wrote:

I have Profiles and their really not that special, I've heard they're expensive to fix, there's really nothing that great about them.

exactly, like bearings are bearings. hubshells are hubshells. now drivfers could make a difference but yeahh

|

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/21/2011 10:03 AM

Verde. wrote:

they seem pointless.....

|

7/21/2011 10:09 AM

good point

|

Just ride and stop being a DICK to the new kids

7/21/2011 10:13 AM

gtbikes wrote:

good point

dude i went to warped tour last night, crowd sufred 25 times :D

|

7/21/2011 10:16 AM

theyre more expensive. so obviously if you spend more money, you get cooler shit. AKA the P on the hub. No other hub has that! makes it run way more smooth.

|

i smoke your SIGS!
MY BIKE IS COOL!
People need to stop asking for a BMX video game. If they did, we would all get it, play it for ten minutes and just go ride. You guys seem to forget that we aren't lazy like most skaters. If we had a game, it would just make us all want to go shred gnar.
Right now i'm into: DIRT
refs: BEASTASSDICK, MyOwnNick, Martinhernandez, bstick, 562_Rider

7/21/2011 10:19 AM

One Size FITs All wrote:

theyre more expensive. so obviously if you spend more money, you get cooler shit. AKA the P on the hub. No other hub has that! makes it run way more smooth.

and makes your tailwhips easier

|

7/21/2011 10:27 AM

nah,its just its alot of machineing done to it and if you seen the drivers arre diff from other drivers i gt my new one sunday,it rolls soo fast,i was riding odyssey v3 for 2 weeks and that was sllow,this rolls for ever.. i llike it.[img][LINK TO IMAGE][/img][img][LINK TO IMAGE][/img] getting the front real soon same color set up n so.

|

FREE WI-FI FROM FIT?!?! BIKECHECK DUDES!
refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

7/21/2011 10:31 AM

I had an odyssey v3, it sucked.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

7/21/2011 10:32 AM

You're paying for two things with Profile hubs
1. Slightly faster engagement. Not really needed for street, but good for racing. That's why Chris King hubs and White freehwheels are more expensive
2. The name and "loudness". Trendy

I have owned a KHE Hure cassette for almost 3 years and it rolls way longer and smoother than any Profile, King, Odyssey or any other hub I've owned in that time. And only paid $65 shipped for it

|

7/21/2011 10:40 AM

Ive ridden one before and the engagement is a little better than my v3. Plus my mine and everyone i know who owns a v3 has problems with theirs.

|

7/21/2011 10:57 AM

To be honest V3s have a bad reputation for breaking but all hubs break eventually

What you pay for with profile is a hub made in the USA to some slightly tighter tolerances

Although I wouldnt run one unless I raced or rode trails exclusively

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

7/21/2011 11:13 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

To be honest V3s have a bad reputation for breaking but all hubs break eventually

What you pay for with profile is a hub made in the USA to some slightly tighter tolerances

This. Odysseys have crappy engagement and skip a lot overall. Not a great hub.

And even though the hubs are made to higher tolerances, doesn't mean they're stronger/better. Just means that they all are most consistent within a batch.

|

7/21/2011 11:20 AM

Verde. wrote:

how do you know james?

|

7/21/2011 11:29 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

summed it up right there

|

7/21/2011 11:50 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

And even though the hubs are made to higher tolerances, doesn't mean they're stronger/better. Just means that they all are most consistent within a batch.

i ve owned two, no skips, perfect engagement.

|

7/21/2011 11:56 AM

I have a V2, it doesn't skip but the engagement isn't the best.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

7/21/2011 1:16 PM

but profiles aren't that loud

|

7/21/2011 1:42 PM

Arent profiles made in usa? That makes it that expebsive.

|

7/21/2011 2:09 PM

different internals, a lot of people prefer these kinds of hubs, 4 pawls with 1 spring for each pawl like the profiles and the primo mix, and most hubs have 3 pawls with a c clip spring that wraps all the way around, profiles are easier to 'maintain' if you could really call it that, and they will probably last a bit longer than most c clip driver but a well built c clip driver like the ratchet last a long time. but the 4 pawls on a profile and primo work 2 at a time, while c clip drivers are 3 at a time so some could argue that c clips are less prone to 'slip' but at the same time you can argue that profiles are faster engaging and less likely to break because each pawl is designed to take more stress, and if one breaks, the others can probably work for a while, even though it will start to slip, but whatever, its dosent make too much difference. im just rambling.

|

Mothaducker.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CreativeUpload?feature=mhee

Go to my channel, sub, and click a couple of the ads, would be mightily appreciated!

7/21/2011 4:14 PM

frofile hubs a re verry popualr here.like a know at least 5 people that have them. i dont ride with alot of people so thats a lot haha.

|

7/21/2011 4:17 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

future FBM wrote:

i ve owned two, no skips, perfect engagement.

I had one and it skipped a good 5 or 6 times per ride. No one around me has ever been happy with an Odyssey cassette.

|

7/21/2011 5:20 PM

The reason they cost so much is the amount of CNC work that is done and the costs of material.

|

7/21/2011 7:42 PM

i like mines with the perfect engagement and love it for bitch cranks n so.profile is the only hub ill get,when they make a elite in purple or14mm axle im buying...

|

FREE WI-FI FROM FIT?!?! BIKECHECK DUDES!
refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

7/21/2011 10:00 PM

I've had a few sets of Profiles, i really don't find them too special, until the other day i rode a different hub, and the engagement was so different, i disliked it very much. Not sure what it is, but Profiles are really dope, engagement is definitely a major upside to it. Over the 5/6 months i've run profiles, they've never skipped or anything, although when i ran 3/8" in the rear it did slip once every blue moon.

|

7/21/2011 10:10 PM

Well..

Don't wanna pay too much, get a madera, exact same thing as a profile, cause madera is a sub-company.
DIfference is cost and hubshell.

|

LMFAO!
ALBES
I call her "The Pussy Beater"
Sexiest Trails Ever.
IMO, Alienation, Eastern, and Verde are all trash.

7/21/2011 10:15 PM

Verde. wrote:

Hahah I was riding with him a month ago and he had broken his rear axle on his profile, so he was using his old front hub.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

7/21/2011 10:17 PM

Aren't profile hubs made for racing n shit?

|

Flatlander
BiKeChEcK.