something wrong with my bike, please help.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/22/2011 8:44 AM

right, i have a united supreme su1 2011, and when i pedal i can feel like a click, it always click in the same place, i dont think my sprocket is bent, my bike is fairley new too, please help

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

1/22/2011 8:46 AM

Broken pedal???

|

MY NAME IS NOLAN, NOT JIM
MOTW 06/28/10 - 07/04/10
Refs: spikez5, dallybiker45

1/22/2011 8:48 AM

senorita jim wrote:

Broken pedal???

it cant be because its like a small jault when i pedal, its something to do with my cranks, sprocket or back wheel, just not sure what is im quite new to bmxing :'(

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

1/22/2011 8:51 AM

Alignment is off.
Sprocket is bent.
Bad link in the chain.
Driver is bent.

Pick your poison.

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

1/22/2011 8:58 AM

Or it's the brakes. I remember on my stock bikes the wire of the brake would hit the frame.

|

JPM711

1/22/2011 9:10 AM

Juan-711 wrote:

Or it's the brakes. I remember on my stock bikes the wire of the brake would hit the frame.

i run brakeless :/

|

My Bicyclemachine.

1/22/2011 9:13 AM

hammmer your sprocket strait!

|

i cracked my b-rad therefor i am a cool kitty cat!
facebook

my baby deliyla

1/22/2011 9:14 AM

Most likely your alignment is off.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

1/22/2011 9:14 AM

Is there a correct amount of space between the chainstay and the cranks?
Are the cranks tight?
Are the pedals tight?
Is the chain too loose or too tight?

|

1/22/2011 9:20 AM

BMX I like wrote:

Is there a correct amount of space between the chainstay and the cranks?
Are the cranks tight?
Are the pedals tight?
Is the chain too loose or too tight?

yeah thers a good bit of space between my chainstay and cranks
pedals couldnt be any tighter
my chain is perfect
and i havent touched my cranks since i got the bike they are just the way they are when i unboxed my bike

|

My Bicyclemachine.

1/22/2011 9:23 AM

its most likely the back wheel there could be a bering out of alignment or there could just be a bad driver that was damage under impact since your new to bmx take it to a bike shop if you cant get to one take of the whell of and try to clean it but as long it works who cares cuz your prob going to break it at some point anyway

|

1/22/2011 9:25 AM

rideNYCallDAY wrote:

its most likely the back wheel there could be a bering out of alignment or there could just be a bad driver that was damage under impact since your new to bmx take it to a bike shop if you cant get to one take of the whell of and try to clean it but as long it works who cares cuz your prob going to break it at some point anyway

suppose

|

My Bicyclemachine.

1/22/2011 9:27 AM

id say just like loosen and take everything a part and put it back together and it will probably go away, like take your cranks/spindle out, take your pedals off, remove the sprocket from the cranks, then just put everything back together and make sure everythings snug, usually that shit solves wonders lol

|

1/22/2011 11:45 AM

mccarthy04 wrote:

yeah thers a good bit of space between my chainstay and cranks
pedals couldnt be any tighter
my chain is perfect
and i havent touched my cranks since i got the bike they are just the way they are when i unboxed my bike

if your cranks are the way they came out of the box then loosen your pinch bolts and tighten the spindle bolts then re tighten your pinch bolts. if theyre 8 spline cranks then theyre probably not tight enough

|

i was kwbike.co
i run brakes. wanna fight about it?
shithawks are the future

1/22/2011 12:03 PM

your sprocket bolt could be loose, whenevr mine comes loose its makes a clicked noise. just tighten everything up, (pedals,cranks,sprocket, wheel, chain) and if that doesnt work than take your hub apart and regrease evrything

|

1/22/2011 12:07 PM

It could also be a bad bearing in your bottom bracket.

|

1/22/2011 12:09 PM

yea wat Jawz13 said or it could be your cranks are loose or ur sprocket is lose

|

refs:Kano2864212