somethings warped

Related:
Create New Tag

6/1/2013 6:17 AM

whenever i go to tighten my chain if i tighten it so its actually tight enough, when i go to pedal it, it gets harder to pedal in a part of the rotation when im pedaling it. my thoughts is that it is the spindle, its the only thing that hasnt been replaced in the drivetrain

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

6/1/2013 6:41 AM

probably is, take the chain off and spin your cranks to see if the sprocket goes left/right or up/down

|

Bruh

6/1/2013 7:50 AM

Did you use the sprocket adaptor? Not being a dick but 9/10 times that's the problem when people mention a tight spot in the drivetrain

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/1/2013 7:58 AM

tomdon wrote:

Did you use the sprocket adaptor? Not being a dick but 9/10 times that's the problem when people mention a tight spot in the drivetrain

This, its so easily done. Get my cranks together quick, go out for a ride. WTF is going on with my bike?! Take it all apart & see if you have missed the top hat washer (Sprocket Adapter) If you have pop it in, tighten your cranks back up, chain on & go for a ride & i can almost guarantee your problems will be solved smile

|

6/1/2013 9:33 AM

Everyone ALWAYS forgets the adaptor, aha. If not, maybe a bent sprocket.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

6/2/2013 5:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/2/2013 5:49 AM

the adaptor is in the sprocket, i just dont see how i would have bent it its the c512 its a fairly thick sprocket. my guess is that the hole in the sprocket where it bolts to the crank (not the spindle hole) needed a spacer. i dont really see how that would have happened either because a good bike shop put it on. i say it shouldnt have bent because ive had it for almost a year and i dont ride that hard but maybe

|

6/2/2013 6:46 AM

Take the sprocket off and set it on a flat surface, like the counter. Tap on it all the way around on both sides. If it rocks, it's bent.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

6/2/2013 6:54 AM

You probually have the drive bolt on the cranks to tight which is pulling the sprocket out of true. This bolt only needs tightening the smallest amount so it doesn't fall out.

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/2/2013 8:51 AM

Gump wrote:

You probually have the drive bolt on the cranks to tight which is pulling the sprocket out of true. This bolt only needs tightening the smallest amount so it doesn't fall out.

yeah that might be it because the bolt is extremely tight.

|