sorry about my stupid questions but...

Related:
Create New Tag

4/9/2016 11:14 AM

i want to know what size bottom bracket to get for a fit savage frame (top tube 21)

|



4/9/2016 11:17 AM

It'll be mid, then will depend on the size of the axle for your cranks. That will be either 19, 22, or 24mm

|

4/9/2016 11:20 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

It'll be mid, then will depend on the size of the axle for your cranks. That will be either 19, 22, or 24mm

I'm getting odyssey thunderbolt socket drive cranks 175mm rhd

|



4/9/2016 11:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/9/2016 11:24 AM

Then you'll need the 22mm mid bb, as they have a 22mm axle

Edit: you'll also need a socket drive sprocket

|

4/9/2016 11:29 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Then you'll need the 22mm mid bb, as they have a 22mm axle

Edit: you'll also need a socket drive sprocket

I'm get the socket drive LA guardia odyssey sprocket, will that fit? And can you recommend any decent bb

|



4/9/2016 12:24 PM

Yeah that sprocket will be fine. Any mid 22mm bb will do, they're all pretty much the same, some have slightly different dust covers but the bearings are mostly identical

|

4/9/2016 12:26 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah that sprocket will be fine. Any mid 22mm bb will do, they're all pretty much the same, some have slightly different dust ...more

I was thinking of getting some ceramic bearings in the future, or is a just a waste of money?

|



4/9/2016 1:05 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah that sprocket will be fine. Any mid 22mm bb will do, they're all pretty much the same, some have slightly different dust ...more

Psycho_Jon831 wrote:

I was thinking of getting some ceramic bearings in the future, or is a just a waste of money?

What do you think, really?

|



Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

4/9/2016 3:04 PM

I wouldn't bother with ceramic. Your driver and how tight your chain is will affect how well your cranks turn as well. And you can buy 3 normal bb's for the price of 1 ceramic. Look after your bearings and they'll last years. Plus cranks that turn easily hinder some tricks

|

4/9/2016 9:35 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I wouldn't bother with ceramic. Your driver and how tight your chain is will affect how well your cranks turn as well. And you ...more

This.

Not to mention they wouldn't serve much purpose in the BB anyway... Yes they'd be smoother and spin better, but that's about it within the BB, and a properly installed & maintained BB should be smooth & spin just fine as it is. Mine's almost 3 years old and still feels brand new.

If we were talking ceramic bearings in a hub though, it'd be different but not noticeable unless you're constantly riding at high speeds like racers do.

|