spline drive sprockets

Related:
Create New Tag

7/7/2013 6:54 PM

does anyone have these and if so how do they work can they work with any spindle and crank set or just certain ones

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

7/7/2013 7:05 PM

Work great,but only with a 48 spline spindle.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

7/7/2013 7:21 PM

As blogs said only 48 spline spindles. Mostly 19mm but united and profile make a 22mm spline drive sprocket. And then odyssey has the socket drive system which is like spli e drive but instead of splines it's like an octagon but it has 9 sides Instead of 8.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/7/2013 7:21 PM

Have a Tree OG spline drive and i love it. I have noticed though some spindles are harder to install them on than others. It was a bitch to get it on my ezra cranks, it slid on my profiles pretty easily though.

|

7/7/2013 7:22 PM

Mine has been great for a while now.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/7/2013 7:22 PM

interesting so are they better than the regular bolt design or is it just preference

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

7/7/2013 7:38 PM

Tweetz wrote:

interesting so are they better than the regular bolt design or is it just preference

it depends. they look better on paper because theres a full force of the spindle driving it instead of just a spot with a bolt. and they do feel better too. i rode a tree 4130 sd and it was nice. but ive heard stories of spindles or the spline inserts twisting. that has never happened to me though and i doubt it would happen under a normal load

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/7/2013 9:55 PM

tomdon wrote:

it depends. they look better on paper because theres a full force of the spindle driving it instead of just a spot with a bolt. and they do feel better too. i rode a tree 4130 sd and it was nice. but ive heard stories of spindles or the spline inserts twisting. that has never happened to me though and i doubt it would happen under a normal load

I feel like it's gonna take a lot to actually twist a spindle, seeing as how they're relatively strong. But I guess the right fat kid in the right conditions could do it. Or I guess it's very possible with a Ti spindle.
But still, I wouldn't worry about it.

|

Bike Check
#Merica.

7/7/2013 10:48 PM

To install, just use the method on the Profile website. I just figured it out experimenting, no need for others, lol. And use LOTS of grease on the splines or you will go through hell not just with installing, but if you ever want to remove it. My sprocket is kinda thin like the Tree SD sprockets and it doesn't use an insert so it looks pretty nice. I think the splines either stretched just a teeny bit like my crank arms or the grease just broke in super well cause my sprocket slides on and off so easily.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/8/2013 12:08 AM

Tweetz wrote:

tomdon wrote:

DIMEBAG93 wrote:

I feel like it's gonna take a lot to actually twist a spindle, seeing as how they're relatively strong. But I guess the right fat kid in the right conditions could do it. Or I guess it's very possible with a Ti spindle.
But still, I wouldn't worry about it.

titanium will snap before it bends or twists.
i run a spline drive tree sprocket on premium 1948 cranks, its great

|

7/8/2013 8:32 AM

Photo

Tree 4130SD on profile cranks, love this set up!!
|

7/8/2013 10:23 AM

By far the worst thing ever. I've seen sooo many seize. But fuck it if you wanna save 2 grams and make your bike feel 1% better go for it.

If you do a lot of taking your bike apart for cars and such it's a really bad idea

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/8/2013 11:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2013 11:43 AM

future FBM wrote:

By far the worst thing ever. I've seen sooo many seize. But fuck it if you wanna save 2 grams and make your bike feel 1% better go for it.

If you do a lot of taking your bike apart for cars and such it's a really bad idea

Why would you pulla sprocket off for a car trip? I just pull my wheel(s) off.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/8/2013 11:58 AM

future FBM wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Why would you pulla sprocket off for a car trip? I just pull my wheel(s) off.

5 bikes in an 86 corolla with 5 dudes. Need all the room you can't get especially since my friends like to ride sketchy at best bikes, 90% of the time when they take them apart in anyway it doesn't go back on the same.....

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK