spoke lacing pattern, spoke length, and number of spokes

Related:
Create New Tag

4/27/2012 9:22 PM

im getting my first custom wheel from empire bmx and i dont know what spoke length, lacing pattern, and number of spokes to get. I am getting the HB generator rim 36H laced to a Odyssey hazard cassette hub v3 (14mm and LHD). What is the most common spoke lacing pattern? what would be the correct spoke length? and would 36H mean i would need 36 spokes? i know i sound stupid right now but i really need help. thanks

|

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

B M X FOR L I F E , R I D E FOR L I F E, N E V E R Q U I T

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

4/27/2012 9:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/27/2012 9:28 PM

if you buy all that stuff they will lace it for you for free. You don't have to worry about any of that stuff. Just add the free wheel build to your cart

|

4/27/2012 9:30 PM

36h means 36 spokes, and with 36 spokes you want 3 cross, so all you have to tell them is 3 cross, but theyd assume that anyways.

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

4/27/2012 9:34 PM

you'll need to know eventually

a number followed by "h" such as 36h and 48h refers to spoke "H"oles. so if you have a 36h rim and 36h hub, you need 36 spokes. now i dont recommend mix matching hole counts like 36 and 48. just not good, but doable in a pinch. also the most common lacing pattern for 36h wheels with hubs that HAVE flanges is 3x, or 3 cross, which means each spoke with cross over 3 others. most "flangless" hubs require 4x or 5x, or 4 cross or 5 cross, lacing method. the flanges are the ring type things that extrude from the hubshell and hve the holes. (compare a primo n4 which has flanges, to the primo n4fl which is the flangless version.)

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/27/2012 9:58 PM

oh and for the money you're paying for the odyssey v3, get the primo mix. I just ordered one from them

|

4/27/2012 10:03 PM

metalheadification wrote:

oh and for the money you're paying for the odyssey v3, get the primo mix. I just ordered one from them

is it better? i heard for the odyssey v3 you have to change the springs a lot

|

4/27/2012 10:07 PM

pierceridesbikes wrote:

i had a v3 copy and i blew out 5 driver bearings, and it's the same driver. the mix has individual springs, 2 driver bearings and a bushing, and double the same bearings the v3 has in the hub shell. way smoother and more durable

|

4/27/2012 10:12 PM

pierceridesbikes wrote:

i had a v3 copy and i blew out 5 driver bearings, and it's the same driver. the mix has individual springs, 2 driver bearings and a bushing, and double the same bearings the v3 has in the hub shell. way smoother and more durable

ite ill get the primo mix. thanks dude

|

4/27/2012 10:13 PM

pierceridesbikes wrote:

pierceridesbikes wrote:

no problem, im psyched, i got an 8t mix laced to a rollcage thats gonna be here thursday

|

4/27/2012 10:14 PM

pierceridesbikes wrote:

pierceridesbikes wrote:

odyssey also replaces alomst any parts that break with little to no questions asked. i bought a vandero 2 second had and stripped the axel, asked them what helicoil to replace it witha dn they just sent me new bolts and axel. rad guys. you can go wrong with a mix though, but neither with a v3

|

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/27/2012 10:18 PM

future FBM wrote:

odyssey also replaces alomst any parts that break with little to no questions asked. i bought a vandero 2 second had and stripped the axel, asked them what helicoil to replace it witha dn they just sent me new bolts and axel. rad guys. you can go wrong with a mix though, but neither with a v3

yeah sounds good. you think ill have to choose the spoke length or theyll just choose the one that fits?

|

4/27/2012 10:18 PM

pierceridesbikes wrote:

no problem, im psyched, i got an 8t mix laced to a rollcage thats gonna be here thursday

niceee. How much it cost you?

|

4/27/2012 10:19 PM

pierceridesbikes wrote:

future FBM wrote:

pierceridesbikes wrote:

yeah sounds good. you think ill have to choose the spoke length or theyll just choose the one that fits?

mailordeers do that shit for you. in all honesty (yes everyone i cant beleive it either) you should go to albes if you want the best wheel build of yout life.

|

4/27/2012 10:23 PM

pierceridesbikes wrote:

pierceridesbikes wrote:

niceee. How much it cost you?

it was 206 shipped with a couple odyssey rim strips and just normal spokes, but then i got red spokes and another 36 red spokes to lace to my front wheel but idk what it was cause i decided on that over email haha

|

4/27/2012 10:24 PM

use the code ups12 if it's under 200 and ups16 if it's over 200

|

4/27/2012 10:26 PM

use the code ups12 if it's under 200 and ups16 if it's over 200

on what website?

|

4/27/2012 10:27 PM

empire

|