spokes???

Related:
Create New Tag

9/6/2014 6:27 PM

Im getting new hubs and spokes. What kind of spoke can I choose from? what materias,weight,strenght,flex ect?

Im getting 48h so weight is an issue but titanium is not an option

thanks guys

|

9/6/2014 6:33 PM

DT Swiss would be your best bet in my opinion.

I've ridden primo, shadow, sapim, and dt swiss spokes, and the dt swiss spokes so far feel the stiffest and hold up best for me.

|

9/6/2014 7:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2014 7:01 PM

Doubled butted DT Swiss if you can afford it. Should in theory be more durable while being lighter. If you can't afford it, straight gauge DT Swiss would be the next best. Avoid big brands like Primo and Shadow, they tend to be shitty.

|

9/6/2014 7:11 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Doubled butted DT Swiss if you can afford it. Should in theory be more durable while being lighter. If you can't afford it, ...more

seconded on the primo/shadow comment, those are the worst spokes ive ever dealt with

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/6/2014 7:26 PM

DT swiss is definitely a good choice. Odyssey also makes good spokes and they come in straight gauge and double butted. I've been running odysseys for about a year now and none of them have broken yet

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

9/6/2014 8:59 PM

Dk spokes are cool

|

It’s all bmx