spokes breaking?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/21/2011 6:45 PM

so recently my spokes have just been breaking all the time. I grind but i run hub guards soo idk how it could be that. but in the past week ive broke 5 spokes already on my back wheel. and like a month ago i broke 8 spokes on my front wheel (fixed that already).

Point is, my spokes keep breaking and i dont get why. and I'm only 120lbs so im not some heavy rider. i have no problem replacing spokes but i dont want this to keep happening. so does anyone have any advice for me?

|

REFS: Spikez5, Wolfen, ryanxanimalbmx, BangDaStreets, coryridesbmx, Tory Tapia(Michael916), hxcpride4, Mduda005, bstick(x2), ChristianJames, ilovemybike22, element4all, ultrablade, Brenden1207, ScramHype(x2)
Bmx-forum: xmashuelx, jwnolte,

12/21/2011 6:47 PM

tighten them bitches! or your mom sleep walks with bolt cutters

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

12/21/2011 6:51 PM

they normally are nice and tight man! im gonna have to go with the 2nd one haha

|

REFS: Spikez5, Wolfen, ryanxanimalbmx, BangDaStreets, coryridesbmx, Tory Tapia(Michael916), hxcpride4, Mduda005, bstick(x2), ChristianJames, ilovemybike22, element4all, ultrablade, Brenden1207, ScramHype(x2)

12/21/2011 6:53 PM

bmxer10 wrote:

or you use too small of spokes

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

12/21/2011 6:57 PM

bmxer10 wrote:

future FBM wrote:

or you use too small of spokes

nah theyre the right size for sure

|

12/21/2011 7:07 PM

did you always run a hub guard with those spokes? cause i had the same problem, i got a hub guard and kept breaking spokes still cause they were weakened from the time i didnt have it, only other thing i could think of is they're just old or too short

|

12/21/2011 7:13 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

did you always run a hub guard with those spokes? cause i had the same problem, i got a hub guard and kept breaking spokes still cause they were weakened from the time i didnt have it, only other thing i could think of is they're just old or too short

ya ive ran a hub guard the whole time! if i remember correctly at least..haha im pretty sure i was running an fbm guard on my mix then got the bsd guard for it.

|

12/21/2011 7:14 PM

but on my other back wheel (eclat teck to bondi, which ive also broke like 5 or so spokes on recently) ive been running a gland since the day i got it...so it might be that i needed a better guard for it

|

12/21/2011 7:15 PM

idk what else it could be then, you're probably just landing weird. one time trying whips i broke at least 5 out of my rear wheel from landing weird so that could be another thing

|

12/21/2011 7:16 PM

what size spokes are in it?

|

12/21/2011 7:24 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

what size spokes are in it?

well the eclat wheel has whatever size spokes came on it cause i bought it new as a complete wheel. the mix to sun has the size spokes that the guy at my local shop told me i needed.

|

12/21/2011 9:19 PM

what kind of hubguard are you running? sometimes if your not a really precise grinder you may grind on the top of your hubguard, directly against your spokes

|

12/21/2011 9:24 PM

Spin tricks put a crazy amount of spressure on spokes because the wheel is always slamming sideways on the ground. make sure you tighten them the right amount and replace them every time you relace a wheel because spokes get real weak over time

|

12/21/2011 9:27 PM

iFLYBikes wrote:

Spin tricks put a crazy amount of spressure on spokes because the wheel is always slamming sideways on the ground. make sure you tighten them the right amount and replace them every time you relace a wheel because spokes get real weak over time

im thinkin that is the problem because pretty much all i do is spin tricks and grinds..and combinations of those.

|

12/21/2011 9:27 PM

bermybmxer wrote:

what kind of hubguard are you running? sometimes if your not a really precise grinder you may grind on the top of your hubguard, directly against your spokes

bsd jersey barrier for the mix. and a gsport gland for the eclat teck wheel.

|

12/21/2011 9:30 PM

bermybmxer wrote:

bmxer10 wrote:

i have the BSD for my mix as well, and the gland isn't a heavy duty guard either

my BSD has broken pieces off from doing what bermybmxer said, sometimes I'll land unsmoothly right on my hub guard too & it either breaks a piece of the hub guard or scratches the spokes a little higher up.

the gland's just not that heavy duty in my opinion

|

12/21/2011 9:40 PM

bermybmxer wrote:

bmxer10 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

i have the BSD for my mix as well, and the gland isn't a heavy duty guard either

my BSD has broken pieces off from doing what bermybmxer said, sometimes I'll land unsmoothly right on my hub guard too & it either breaks a piece of the hub guard or scratches the spokes a little higher up.

ya the gland does protect the spokes but i need to find a guard that is more heavy duty for the female eclat teck hub. I havent seen any that would work with it though, maybe the fbm guard?

|

12/21/2011 9:41 PM

bmxer10 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

bmxer10 wrote:

ya the gland does protect the spokes but i need to find a guard that is more heavy duty for the female eclat teck hub. I havent seen any that would work with it though, maybe the fbm guard?

i bet it would, the FBM fits most hubs

|

12/22/2011 9:04 AM

idk man. ive had my wheels blow out spokes over a few weeks, but its from fucking em up grinding. once my 36 in the rear was a 28 spoker and i mobbed one of my towns biggest hills faded of half a bottle of rum. skeeeeeeetchy.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

12/22/2011 11:52 AM

put a gland under your hubguard, now you got double protection. almost like using 2 rubbers

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

12/22/2011 11:57 AM

Maybe cause its cold the metal is contracting... o_0

|

MOTW 10/18/10 - 10/24/10
MOTM- April 2011
youtube channel: *SUBSCRIBE PLEASE* http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEod1214?feature=mhum
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @eoin_666

12/22/2011 1:23 PM

iFLYBikes wrote:

bmxer10 wrote:

im thinkin that is the problem because pretty much all i do is spin tricks and grinds..and combinations of those.

yeah my friend is all about spin trick and he snaps them like theyre plastic. if you look directly over your wheel youll notice that the spokes are pushed outward alot more on the side you spin to and are more straight on the opposide side, because the rim is like shifting over on the hub. idk how to explain it better but yea

|

12/23/2011 9:30 PM

eod1214 wrote:

Maybe cause its cold the metal is contracting... o_0

haha i honestly dont know man :/

|

12/24/2011 7:48 PM

UP?

|

12/26/2011 7:48 AM

|