sponsership

Related:
Create New Tag

7/2/2013 4:14 PM

hey im 12 and trying to get sponsored any advice tips or anything to hlp me im chill and ride all day long at local parks

|

7/2/2013 4:18 PM

|

7/2/2013 4:18 PM

It boils downtown who you know these days. Riding doesn't mean anywhere near as much as it used to. And riding is meant to be fun, not a way to get rich and famous. If that's what you're looking for then you picked the wrong sport

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/2/2013 4:19 PM

ride a scooter.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

7/2/2013 4:19 PM

tomdon wrote:

It boils downtown who you know these days. Riding doesn't mean anywhere near as much as it used to. And riding is meant to be fun, not a way to get rich and famous. If that's what you're looking for then you picked the wrong sport

Everything boils down to who you know now a days. It's hard if not impossible to start up from scratch so much competition it's insane.

|

7/2/2013 4:35 PM

do double backflips already if you want to be sponsored..........shit you still wouldn't win the contest with double backs anymore

|

7/2/2013 4:55 PM

dont try to get sponsors. Let the sponsors come to u bro

|

7/2/2013 5:28 PM

put some edits up

|

7/2/2013 5:39 PM

guys im not trying to get fomus and im not in it 4 the money i just want to have a good time and ride

|

7/2/2013 5:43 PM

this_life_bmx wrote:

guys im not trying to get fomus and im not in it 4 the money i just want to have a good time and ride

you got any edits up online i wanna see how you ride

|

7/2/2013 5:55 PM

this_life_bmx wrote:

sponsors create rules and guidelines. not exactly my idea of a good time. and besides you dont need a sponsor to have a good time

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/2/2013 7:24 PM

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/2/2013 7:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/2/2013 7:28 PM

this_life_bmx wrote:

tomdon wrote:

sponsors create rules and guidelines. not exactly my idea of a good time. and besides you dont need a sponsor to have a good time

but if the sponser had fun rules and guidelines........theyd cut that shit and realize bmx has no rules.........and if you got a paycheck to have a good time........itd be rad..........presenting a sport like bmx to younger kids in a good light doesn't sound like a bad time.........but with good times like little devil,bonedeth, fbm style living that's kind of a contrast

|

7/2/2013 7:42 PM

Four wrote:

This isn't me. It wouldn't be funny to me if I did it again.

Lol I know, just thought some kid was trying to do it again and it picked up like a trend. Just have to find out if this kid is trolling or not =p

|

7/2/2013 7:53 PM

Well there are a few ways to get to the sponsorship life. Start going to places with lots of professionals (i would have to go to Pittsburgh) and get close with a few pros out there start laying down some shit people would wanna see! Have a bit of style to your riding, dont be all that cookie cutter bullshit. Do new things!! Watch Tim Knoll, Erik Elstran, and Tate Roskelley, they are sponsored because they are different! Being really goddamn good will get you somewhere for sure, Stevie Churchill is real real young and shredded harder than most dudes in his developing stages!! He coult flat 720. Try a few flat 900s and learn like flat 360 double whips. Thats one way, one of the more difficult ones too. haha Starting to go WIN competitions is one way. Most parks i know have competitions do a lot of park junk. Not really street, which sucks for me. I know they have biggest air on a quarter, and just straight up best tricks! I never competed, but would love to when i feel i were able to win easy. haha Once i learn like some crazy and weird tricks ill probably enter one. Another way is to put out unbelievable edits, like ridiculous everything, not one boring clip. The clips couldnt be the best YOU can do, the world doesnt want to see that, they wanna see the best clips they have ever seen ever. haha good luck with that. Being a cool person and having a positive attitude will help. And the dudes above are right, it does normally help if you are buddies with the guy in charge of that. If you are actually a pretty decent rider (idk if you are or not) start your own company, make t shirts, have an image people wanna be part of. It can be difficult, or easy, depending on who you are. I thank you if you have read my whole thing!!! But honestly, dont ride for being sponsored, its not worth it, do what BMX is made to do, HAVE FUN!! Just try new stuff, dont be all pissed you cant go 360 whip a stair set, just ride, the trick will come as long as you try it. Just enjoy riding and ride as much as possible and the sponsors will come, the style will come, just stick with it bro.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/2/2013 7:55 PM

360 double whip flat....im yet to see that

|

7/2/2013 8:37 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Haha me also, thats why i said it!! if you could 3 double whip flat thatd be intense enough to be sponsored im sure. haha I would like to start seeing more riders doing stuff they normally throw on box jumps flat instead. Like atleast doublewhips! Crazy stuff!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/3/2013 12:16 AM

eskimojay wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

Haha me also, thats why i said it!! if you could 3 double whip flat thatd be intense enough to be sponsored im sure. haha I would like to start seeing more riders doing stuff they normally throw on box jumps flat instead. Like atleast doublewhips! Crazy stuff!

I a free a hop double whip would be crazy

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

7/3/2013 1:51 AM

WallmartBMX wrote:

I a free a hop double whip would be crazy

I shall learn them and the world will then feel my wrath. Mwahahaha suck on that garret reynolds!! Jk i dont think ill be doing that for a good while lol

|

7/3/2013 2:33 AM

eskimojay wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

the reason no body double whips flat is because you will NOT be able to get the rotation, im pretty sure no one will ever do a legit double whip flat, maybe into stuff which i think has already been done, and off stuff, but i dont think it will ever been possible to do a flat double whip since you would have to hop a good foot or so higher than you have to go flyout to whip, and since even the pros have to have a couple of foot of air i just dont think it will work.

|

7/3/2013 12:37 PM

Caelum Persson wrote:

the reason no body double whips flat is because you will NOT be able to get the rotation, im pretty sure no one will ever do a legit double whip flat, maybe into stuff which i think has already been done, and off stuff, but i dont think it will ever been possible to do a flat double whip since you would have to hop a good foot or so higher than you have to go flyout to whip, and since even the pros have to have a couple of foot of air i just dont think it will work.

This is BMX anything is possible. A while ago no one even thought a tailwhip flat was possible, no one thought 540s flat were possible, let alone 720s!! BMX will always progress and get better so its definitely possible. And people still think flat backflips arent possible, i beg to differ, they will be landed pretty soon i imagine!

|

7/3/2013 12:40 PM

ok whos this troll...

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

7/3/2013 1:13 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Caelum Persson wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

This is BMX anything is possible. A while ago no one even thought a tailwhip flat was possible, no one thought 540s flat were possible, let alone 720s!! BMX will always progress and get better so its definitely possible. And people still think flat backflips arent possible, i beg to differ, they will be landed pretty soon i imagine!

your pretty much defying gravity to get enough hang time to double whip, with flat 5s you can rip real hard to get the rotation with a double whip you actually need air so you can rotate the second whip. could be wrong but i highly doubt it will ever happen.

|

7/3/2013 1:42 PM

Yeah not everything is possible because of physics and to a certain extent the technology, bmx does have its inevitable limitations, well I say bmx but its the riders really I guess so its hard to say what is actually possible that can be done but that's what it's all about. We riders gotta go out there and at least try these things to know for sure.

Bmx is a relatively new thing really in the great scheme of things, so I think there's loads of new things and progression to be made.

Love it.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/3/2013 2:37 PM

I just want to be sponsored by a clothing company (That makes sick shit , no gimpy stuff) and my local bike store. Then I can get what I want at a discounted price , ride whatever I want , and look sick while on my bike. That would be great.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/3/2013 3:41 PM

Seriously, a good attitude & work ethic will get you a lot further in this sport than being able to do 720 double tail whips.
There are so many kids these days that are full on trick ferret park rats there are shit loads of kids to choose from!
Also if you ride Street there are so many kids that do loads of grinds, whips, bars & now a lot of them are mixing in the odd Flatland trick. Once again sooooo many kids with a good bag of tricks & style to choose from.
Trails riders, i think it at least seems to me its harder in this day & age to become a sponsored Trails rider because it doesn't get as much coverage as the other two. People are starting to forget dirt jumping, its been dropped from most of the big contests & the guys that just flow through a set of trails & throw down stylish tables & turn downs just aren't marketable for big named brands so they're kinda left out.
Flatland, It takes years of dedication to become good at Flat, But i honestly think you wont be riding Flatland as its such a small genre most people will probably never even attempt to ride it.

Basically, I think you need to be "Freestyle" have a good mixture of tricks & an all round style to get noticed. Also as i said a good attitude don't be a dick towards other riders, help people out with their bikes if they don't know what their doing etc. When it comes to a good work ethic you really need to support your brand, wear their clothes, suggest their parts when people ask for recommendations. Get photos, shoot edits etc etc.

|

7/3/2013 10:53 PM

Caelum Persson wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

Caelum Persson wrote:

your pretty much defying gravity to get enough hang time to double whip, with flat 5s you can rip real hard to get the rotation with a double whip you actually need air so you can rotate the second whip. could be wrong but i highly doubt it will ever happen.

I agree here, Double whips don't seem possible to me.

|

7/4/2013 1:05 PM

Learn flat 9s, do a double cash roll to fakie flip on a vert ramp,720 into grinds, fakie grinds to 1080 cab to fakie manual to flair whip

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

7/4/2013 1:06 PM

Just kidding go out have fun and ride and whatever happens happens. If you're in it to get sponsored and go pro you're in it for the wrong reasons

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

7/4/2013 1:09 PM

Sponsorship*

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)