sports chalet screwed up my bike need help

Related:
Create New Tag

12/24/2015 2:09 AM

bought my first bmx bike 3 weeks ago, a 2015 haro midway. It came with a bent rear rim, terrible brakes, bent handle bars and no matter how tight you tighten the rear rim it slides forward. After a battle with sports chalet to fix the problems i took matters into my own hands, buying new handle bars, tires and brakes and fixed the other problems myself. i bought odyssey evo 2 brakes and installed them(worked perfect). i took my bike into sports chalet to get the rear rim true(they failed), i took my bike outside and noticed my rear brakes were loose and wiggle. the brake cut into my brand new tires as well and they refused to do anything about it. so i guess my question is, are my brakes suppose to be able to move? Are there any good bmx shops in lake forest/ foothill ranch California?

|

12/24/2015 3:13 AM

Complain to their head office. And state that you've lost all faith in their workmanship. You want your bike fixed and it's their fault it doesn't work so you want them to pay for someone else to do it. If they say no there's not much else you can do, but chances are they'll cover the cost to save face

|

12/24/2015 6:14 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Complain to their head office. And state that you've lost all faith in their workmanship. You want your bike fixed and it's their fault it doesn't work so you want them to pay for someone else to do it. If they say no there's not much else you can do, but chances are they'll cover the cost to save face

This.

And try to google some other local shops.

Also you could buy a spoke wrench and use Youtube to learn to true a wheel. Parktool.com is a good resource for repairs too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/24/2015 10:26 AM

Aye foothill. Your marching band is fucking huge.

|

12/24/2015 11:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/24/2015 11:22 PM

I will definitely do that I'm a college student, so that means I'm broke. I'm using YouTube and other sources to learn to work on my bike myself, I don't trust anyone to work on my bike. The famous saying is so true, "If you want something done right you must do it yourself." Thanks a lot for your replies, I'm new to the forum.

|