spots you cant ride

Related:
Create New Tag

9/15/2011 8:28 AM

so theres this kinda big lot and building downtown. its part of this oil company and its always open with guys walking around or locked up really good. its got these super sick looking yellow rails that have about a 5 inch diameter and some slight kickers to em. its the sickest thing ive found in this town for a while now and i want to ride this spot so bad i actually dreamed about. i want to just climb the fence, but not being a minor anymore, i worry about getting arrested/fined/jailed and that good shit. what do you guys do when you find spots you cant actually ride? do you break in? never ride it? i really just want to jump the fence and have my friend film the whole thing.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

9/15/2011 9:21 AM

why dont you ask one of those people walking around if you can ride the rails for a few minutes to shoot a video

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual
nollie 540 cab try it its fun

9/15/2011 9:29 AM

Just man up and go ride it I get kicked out of spots, all the time but I just come back the next day

|

9/15/2011 9:36 AM

Grinding a rail infernos of the street is one thing, in this instance, your are breaking in, so try asking some one, if there is a guard or someone. Tell them you are filming and what not. If you where the owner and saw some people climbing the fence, what would you think? I would be like, "Call 911 Now!"

|

I know this is a chain tool, but what am i gunna do wit' it?

9/15/2011 10:47 AM

i probably wouldn't do it. everything is more sketch once you're 18. if you didn't have to jump the fence it'd be pretty chill but thats trespassing, and there are some douches out there who would just wanna get you fucked

|

9/15/2011 10:57 AM

There is a lot of spots i "cant" ride but that doesnt stop me wink

|

9/15/2011 11:09 AM

When I was under 18 I would hop fences and ride whatever the fuck I wanted. But now that I am 18, I am so afraid to do it, for the same reason you are. One time I was taking pictures of this kid for Yearbook. He is a semipro skateboarder, sponsored by a local shop and all that happy shit, well anyways, we were snapping pictures of him hitting this eight stair hand rail and a police officer came out and tried to kick us out. I totally bullshitted him and when he said "Sorry guys buy you guys have to get out" I said "Would you mind if I just snapped one decent picture real fast? I work for Greenhouse (local skate shop) and I really need to get this picture for a project we are doing." He looked at me and said "Okay make it quick" So he stayed there as my buddy did a board slide down the rail and then when I got the picture I gave the cop a thumbs up and he gave the skater props and said "Alright boys, I hate to do it but you guys gotta leave." So we packed up and were leaving and he asked if he could see the picture, so I showed him and we chatted for a bit. He said that the only reason he allowed us to shoot there was because we were both really respectful or else we would have been kicked out.

So I think if you just asked for permission, and was real respectful then it shouldn't be a problem, but crossing that thin line could have bad consequences.

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

9/15/2011 11:31 AM

JustRideBMX wrote:

When I was under 18 I would hop fences and ride whatever the fuck I wanted. But now that I am 18, I am so afraid to do it, for the same reason you are. One time I was taking pictures of this kid for Yearbook. He is a semipro skateboarder, sponsored by a local shop and all that happy shit, well anyways, we were snapping pictures of him hitting this eight stair hand rail and a police officer came out and tried to kick us out. I totally bullshitted him and when he said "Sorry guys buy you guys have to get out" I said "Would you mind if I just snapped one decent picture real fast? I work for Greenhouse (local skate shop) and I really need to get this picture for a project we are doing." He looked at me and said "Okay make it quick" So he stayed there as my buddy did a board slide down the rail and then when I got the picture I gave the cop a thumbs up and he gave the skater props and said "Alright boys, I hate to do it but you guys gotta leave." So we packed up and were leaving and he asked if he could see the picture, so I showed him and we chatted for a bit. He said that the only reason he allowed us to shoot there was because we were both really respectful or else we would have been kicked out.

So I think if you just asked for permission, and was real respectful then it shouldn't be a problem, but crossing that thin line could have bad consequences.

This is really what it's all about. Being respectful. When it all comes down to it, that's why we're not allowed to ride spots. We destroy shit, we move shit, and it's not our shit. If you take care of what you're riding, leave it in the same condition you found it in, and be polite when you're told to leave, it'll be all good.

|

"I've had the 2 greatest corn dogs of my life, and I owe it all to BMX."

9/15/2011 4:13 PM

just go ride while there are people there...or ask first

it's run by an oil company, it sounds like its in a pretty industrial area...they might not care at all

|

9/15/2011 4:13 PM

I'm under 18, after reading all this I feel like I should try and ride everywhere I can before I turn 18 and Am Fucked -_- lol What do cops generally do if you're trespassing and actually do what they say? Usually, our first thought is to run lol

|

9/15/2011 4:47 PM

i snuck into a local skatepark.. which was completely a waste of my time.

but just be polite and look for the chillest looking dude.

|

9/15/2011 5:59 PM

Here they just tell you to leave usually I once had them sit me down and search me, and run my name that was the worst for bmx I have a couple of skateboarding tickets though

|

9/15/2011 6:26 PM

There's this hospital, and it used to be a sweet skate/bike spot. But some kids broke into it, posted it on youtube saying they were ghost hunting and showed medical records of dead people and shit. So now theres like 5 rent a cops at all times and if you're on the property you can be arrested. People always sit in cars sit right at the end of the parking lot and turn all their off and scare some of the cops haha because it creeps them out.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

9/15/2011 6:47 PM

the only spot I can think of that I haven't gotten to ride and probably won't is this perfect big bank to wall in a storage unit place that's all fenced off with barbed wire on top.

|

9/15/2011 9:26 PM

Etnies skatepark just did a huge expansion making there park the largest outdoor cement park in usa and after having trouble about bikers bitching about there "no pegs" rules they decided to ban bikes entirely "to protect their investment", horeshit imo, lost the best skatepark in my area.

Also the skatepark 10 minutes away from my house is always swarming with wana-be cops who will take your bike, gota drive to the ghetto to ride a legit park.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
Refs: ScramHype, Wade, jwnolte, beastassdick, ///digitalme, iridebmx2122

9/15/2011 9:53 PM

Yeah man ghetto ridins got it.... But the suburbs are so tame u can sometimes get out of it.... But it all depends on ur city.

When i was in cali there was this awesome FREE outdoor skatepark, fenced in, relly good concrete shapes... And surround speakers. It was sponsored by campbell soup. But they would always have at least one cop sittin there in his cruzer, all night. It sucked cuz they closed early, and earlier on weekends. But they had such high security.

|

9/15/2011 10:03 PM

scotland doesnt have trespassing rules, wer pretty much free to roam aslong as u dont fuck shit up. dynamic earth is great to ride but u can get thrown out. same with the scottish parliament, ledges gallore

http://edinburghnapiernews.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/parliament-exterior-at-night1.jpg

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

9/16/2011 9:50 AM

next time im down by ill probly ask to ride it, but with it being all those fat logger type guys who chew and drive big 4x4s that they never take off road and have problems with everyone cause they wear cahrharts, they most likely will make some coment about my septum ring and laugh at me. ill try anyway though.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS