sprocket adapter problems

Related:
Create New Tag

12/29/2013 2:58 PM

hey, i have a brand new 25t sprocket and it came with the adapter in the package. i cant figure out how to install it, its really pissing me off because when i install my sprocket on the crank arm, it wont stay in place. idk if it pops in or what cause its a really tight fit to do so, can anyone tell me what to do here? thanks.Photo

Photo

|

12/29/2013 3:02 PM

If youve tried putting it in on both sides of the sprocket then it must now be for that sprocket. Call up who you got it from and let em know.

|

12/29/2013 3:15 PM

Put it through the back side of the sprocket. Put a piece of wood or something ontop of it and give it a whack with a hammer. I doubt theyd send you the wrong adapter.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/29/2013 3:18 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Put it through the back side of the sprocket. Put a piece of wood or something ontop of it and give it a whack with a hammer. I doubt theyd send you the wrong adapter.

ikr, it was in the factory sealed package it has to be the right one, thanks!

|

12/29/2013 4:03 PM

If you haven't got it , try sliding the adapter around the sprocket and see if that works. Do so for both on each side. If that doesn't work , try shoving it in. Honestly if that doesn't work , you can try greasing it on but that is just stupid for an adapter.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/29/2013 6:30 PM

Just smash it in with a rubber mallet, grease it first tho.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/29/2013 6:44 PM

I had the same problem. I fit the adapter into the sprocket as much as I.could, then put two pieces of wood on either side of the sprocket and with a vice/vise whatever spelling it is tightened the vice until it was in all the way.

|

12/29/2013 6:53 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

I had the same problem. I fit the adapter into the sprocket as much as I.could, then put two pieces of wood on either side of the sprocket and with a vice/vise whatever spelling it is tightened the vice until it was in all the way.

thanks man, ill try it hopefullly it works

|