sprocket guard, by itself?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2015 6:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2015 6:44 PM

Anyone think it's possible? A guard for sprockets that can go on separately?? Or is it a bit unnecessary?

Imagine a chromoly guard that replaces the spacer.. probably only possible for spline/socket(spindle drive) setups and only guards the inside of the sprocket. I wanna see one, I'd run it despite weight.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

2/8/2015 6:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2015 7:40 PM

Like this?

Photo

https://www.danscomp.com/products/458219/Shadow_Conspiracy_Disaster_Sprocket_Guard.html

Also years ago they used to have bolt on ones if they count

|

2/8/2015 6:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2015 6:46 PM

Wow I've missed that. Yes like that.. but full guarded rather. Why don't they try shit like this more often?

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

2/8/2015 7:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2015 7:07 PM

Quick poopy shop, but I really don't see how it wouldn't work, so good point.. Why don't Shadow make a full guard one ? There would be adequate space in between the guards for crank arms to go so idk.

Photo

|

2/8/2015 7:37 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Quick poopy shop, but I really don't see how it wouldn't work, so good point.. Why don't Shadow make a full guard one ? There ...more

Because how are you going to hit the top of the sprocket? This is a minimal design. I imagine that it's also a weight reason too. Btw..... anybody got a stolen sumo guard?

|

2/8/2015 7:46 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Because how are you going to hit the top of the sprocket? This is a minimal design. I imagine that it's also a weight reason ...more

That's the only argument I could come up with that would be a reason why it isn't made, but it also extends the life of the guard if you think about it since you can just flip it around when one side starts getting beat the fuck up.

Weight addition would be minimal, but I guess 2-3oz TOPS is a bit too much for some people nowadays.

|

2/8/2015 7:51 PM

weight weenie design corp, (saying that i do have allot of shadow parts on their good.) screw it im gonna run a double drive. just cuz.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

2/8/2015 8:14 PM

Lol at when one chain gets loose and one gets tight and it fucks everything up.

But really, if you break one chain you can keep going.

I think it'd be neat if you could like have a thing that could flip the drive on a mountain bike so you can pedal backwards and go backwards. Like a gear shift idea but the furthest one down makes you go backwards. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/8/2015 8:19 PM

dude ive got an idea

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

2/8/2015 8:27 PM

dkTechEthan wrote:

weight weenie design corp, (saying that i do have allot of shadow parts on their good.) screw it im gonna run a double drive. ...more

ive wanted to do that since 2003

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

2/8/2015 11:00 PM

i could see one on the inside that wraps under it to guard teeth and such

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

2/9/2015 6:12 PM

I have one of that shadow guard for sale if anyone interested

|