sprocket keeps slipping - HELP!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/24/2014 3:24 PM

So I got a new sprocket and put it on my bike, but I cant get it to stay in one place. As soon as I pedal it slides out of place and creates a tight spot. Can anyone help? ps the sprocket is absolutely not bent smile

|

4/24/2014 3:44 PM

First off, what cranks do you have? Do you have the right type sprocket adapter? Did you tighten all of the crank and spindle bolts properly?

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/24/2014 3:56 PM

ive got mongoose 8 spline cranks on a 19mm axel, everythings tightened up right. Im pretty sure the sprocket has a 19mm hole because the adapter from the old one doesnt fit in the new sprocket. but knowing me ive got the wrong adapter

|

4/24/2014 4:28 PM

FelixRabusin wrote:

ive got mongoose 8 spline cranks on a 19mm axel, everythings tightened up right. Im pretty sure the sprocket has a 19mm hole ...more

Sounds like youre old sprocket was 15/16" bore and used a 15/16" to 19mm adapter, where your new one has 22mm bore and needs a 22mm to 19mm adapter. This is just judging by the most common sizes sprockets currently come in, to make sure of this we would need to know exactly what sprocket you have to double check the specs (as there are a few oddly bored sprockets on the market currently.)

Your sprocket hole should sit perfectly against your spindle with no gaps anywhere around. This way it is IMPOSSIBLE for the sprocket to shift off center.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/24/2014 4:33 PM

Its a profile racing 23t sprocket, and ill head down to my local bmx shop tomorrow and see what sprocket adaptor I need, thankyou so much for the help so far though guys smile

|

4/24/2014 4:46 PM

FelixRabusin wrote:

Its a profile racing 23t sprocket, and ill head down to my local bmx shop tomorrow and see what sprocket adaptor I need, ...more

Yeah those are the weird ones. They use 7/8" bore, but im 99% sure 7/8"=22mm so you should be just fine with a 22mm to 19mm adapter. Most shops carry them in bulk, but if not theyre only like $2 on danscomp. Goodluck.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

4/25/2014 10:31 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Yeah those are the weird ones. They use 7/8" bore, but im 99% sure 7/8"=22mm so you should be just fine with a 22mm to 19mm ...more

Ive got it sorted now, I just needed a new spacer, cost me £2 so nice and cheap. thanks a bunch for the help and info

|

4/25/2014 10:34 AM

vital actually helped someone without abuse. Well done guys!

lol.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

4/25/2014 10:39 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

vital actually helped someone without abuse. Well done guys!

lol.

Fuck you.

Jk.

|