squeky bike

Related:
Create New Tag

9/26/2009 12:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 10:06 PM

my bike is making a weird squeky noise when i pedal
some people are telling me that its the pedals and others are telling me its the bottom bracket can somebody please help im tired of this squeky ass noise

|

9/26/2009 12:42 PM

Bottom bracket

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!


And I ride for my niggas

9/26/2009 12:44 PM

Chain needs to be greased or bearings in bottom bracket need to be greased.

|

BMX is the life and blood in my soul.

9/26/2009 12:45 PM

alright cool thanx

|

9/26/2009 12:50 PM

or u just broke ur bb cause same thing happen to me and the bearing broke

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

9/26/2009 1:29 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

Bottom bracket

Thiss

|

Fly Bikes

9/26/2009 2:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2009 2:51 PM

mine does it too, i haven't figured it out yet, and im a bike mechanic! its imbarrasing really, but im pretty sure my bearings are broke. i have greased everything. idk

|

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!

9/26/2009 2:53 PM

itmight be the pedals if you run the pc ones

|

funtington wrote :Have a really fat friend who rides them and they are totally solid.
Then again he sucks at riding, then again he is fat as fuck.
refs: backagianthe4time, FTBZ,ScramHype(x2),,fitrider123,iridefly

9/26/2009 3:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 10:06 PM

here's a few things you could try though that may work,
1. grease bearings and spindle. no wd-40! it sucks
2. make sure the compression bolt on your crank arms is just snug, not really tight, it being too tight can cause bearing dammage
3.grease your chain, i dont suggest using wd-40, that stuff comes off way to easy and you still get dirt and stuff in your chain. i usualy use a lube called white lightning. it works pretty well. you can get it at dans comp and local bikeshops. and i recently found out its at wall-mart.
4. make sure your chain isn't way too tight. a super tight chain can cause damage to both your bottom bracket, and your cassete, and also can cause your chain to break and that really sucks.

hope this helps, if none of this works then your bearings are probably shot and will need replacement. but you can still try your local bike shop to see what the mechanics have to say. i wish i could look at it, i could probably be more of a help

|

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!

9/26/2009 3:02 PM

EasternRider465 wrote:

here's a few things you could try though that may work,
1. grease bearings and spindle. no wd-40! it sucks
2. make sure the compression bolt on your crank arms is just snug, not really tight, it being too tight can cause bearing dammage
3.grease your chain, i dont suggest using wd-40, that stuff comes off way to easy and you still get dirt and stuff in your chain. i usualy use a lube called white lightning. it works pretty well. you can get it at dans comp and local bikeshops. and i recently found out its at wall-mart.
4. make sure your chain isn't way too tight. a super tight chain can cause damage to both your bottom bracket, and your cassete, and also can cause your chain to break and that really sucks.

hope this helps, if none of this works then your bearings are probably shot and will need replacement. but you can still try your local bike shop to see what the mechanics have to say. i wish i could look at it, i could probably be more of a help

this...............

|

funtington wrote :Have a really fat friend who rides them and they are totally solid.
Then again he sucks at riding, then again he is fat as fuck.
refs: backagianthe4time, FTBZ,ScramHype(x2),,fitrider123,iridefly

9/26/2009 3:03 PM

EasternRider465 wrote:

here's a few things you could try though that may work,
1. grease bearings and spindle. no wd-40! it sucks
2. make sure the compression bolt on your crank arms is just snug, not really tight, it being too tight can cause bearing dammage
3.grease your chain, i dont suggest using wd-40, that stuff comes off way to easy and you still get dirt and stuff in your chain. i usualy use a lube called white lightning. it works pretty well. you can get it at dans comp and local bikeshops. and i recently found out its at wall-mart.
4. make sure your chain isn't way too tight. a super tight chain can cause damage to both your bottom bracket, and your cassete, and also can cause your chain to break and that really sucks.

hope this helps, if none of this works then your bearings are probably shot and will need replacement. but you can still try your local bike shop to see what the mechanics have to say. i wish i could look at it, i could probably be more of a help

ride a fit wrote:

this...............

hell yeah

|

9/26/2009 3:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2009 3:06 PM

ride a fit wrote:

itmight be the pedals if you run the pc ones

i didn't even think about that, you may be right. i run pc's. do they have bad bearings in them or somerhing? this is my first pair of pc's.

|

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!

9/26/2009 3:09 PM

ride a fit wrote:

itmight be the pedals if you run the pc ones

EasternRider465 wrote:

i didn't even think about that, you may be right. i run pc's. do they have bad bearings in them or somerhing? this is my first pair of pc's.

after you have them a while... my were squeaking so i replaced them and problem solved

|

funtington wrote :Have a really fat friend who rides them and they are totally solid.
Then again he sucks at riding, then again he is fat as fuck.
refs: backagianthe4time, FTBZ,ScramHype(x2),,fitrider123,iridefly

9/26/2009 3:12 PM

ride a fit wrote:

itmight be the pedals if you run the pc ones

EasternRider465 wrote:

i didn't even think about that, you may be right. i run pc's. do they have bad bearings in them or somerhing? this is my first pair of pc's.

ride a fit wrote:

after you have them a while... my were squeaking so i replaced them and problem solved

cool, thanx bro. i didn't know they did that.

|

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!