starting my own servicing shop?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/21/2011 12:42 PM

i'm thinkin about starting my own bike servicing shop this summer out of my garage/basement. i would 90% be doing repairs, maybe a little bit of custom painting, and parts ordering if money comes upfront. I would do it because for most kids and even adults here who ride bmx and even MTB, it's hard to get to the local shop which is about 10 minutes away but is in a rough area. anyone have any comments ideas suggestions?

|

I ride Eastern!
Eastern-Shadow-Cult-Kink-Odyssey-Primo-Snafu-Tioga-Kmc-Nitrous-Hoffmann-Fsa-Stolen
^ My bike's brands!
Grant Giesey: Eastern Tramp Frame, Gyro, Occasionally 4 pegs, 20.5lbs without pegs
refs: Bstick X2, ScramHype, future FBM, BEATASSDICKwink

2/21/2011 12:51 PM

Are you going to try and make a profit out of it? Because if so, they would probably go to a trained mechanic.

Also, if their parts break in the future, they could hold you responsible, which could cost you alot.

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

2/21/2011 1:06 PM

i'm not really thinking i'm going to go big on stuff with mtb's and bmx would mostly be kids and stuff and they're all too chill to do shit about it. but yes i could be held responsible, and if i do this i will be having a disclaimer about mechanical failure and that any mechanical failure such as cracking and blown bearings isn't always the mechanics fault. so yeah.

|

I ride Eastern!
Eastern-Shadow-Cult-Kink-Odyssey-Primo-Snafu-Tioga-Kmc-Nitrous-Hoffmann-Fsa-Stolen
^ My bike's brands!
Grant Giesey: Eastern Tramp Frame, Gyro, Occasionally 4 pegs, 20.5lbs without pegs

2/21/2011 1:08 PM

Dk/oldscool908 wrote:

i'm not really thinking i'm going to go big on stuff with mtb's and bmx would mostly be kids and stuff and they're all too chill to do shit about it. but yes i could be held responsible, and if i do this i will be having a disclaimer about mechanical failure and that any mechanical failure such as cracking and blown bearings isn't always the mechanics fault. so yeah.

Okay, then I say go for it! Helping out your local kids is pretty cool.

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

2/21/2011 1:13 PM

haha yeah.
they always come to me at school and ask me about that stuff. i might be teaming up with my friend and selling some of his old used shit in there too cuz he has a shitload of it. but yeah it's kinda just helping my friends cuz i'm 14 haha and i imagine i'll be helping the kids in the ms and hs and maybe some neighbors and just local people and everyone's pretty chill about it so yeah.
i might put up prices that i might do in a little while.

|

I ride Eastern!
^ My bike's brands!

2/21/2011 1:15 PM

Dk/oldscool908 wrote:

haha yeah.
they always come to me at school and ask me about that stuff. i might be teaming up with my friend and selling some of his old used shit in there too cuz he has a shitload of it. but yeah it's kinda just helping my friends cuz i'm 14 haha and i imagine i'll be helping the kids in the ms and hs and maybe some neighbors and just local people and everyone's pretty chill about it so yeah.
i might put up prices that i might do in a little while.

I really wish bike shops would sell parts on your behalf, and take like 10% of the profit. Would be so much easier like that.

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

2/21/2011 1:18 PM

yeah.
he's got a ton of shitty frames and wheels and stuff that would sell cheap to kids that need em and i have a few good parts layin around so yeah haha

|

I ride Eastern!
^ My bike's brands!

2/21/2011 1:28 PM

bump

|

I ride Eastern!
^ My bike's brands!

2/21/2011 1:38 PM

BUMP

|

I ride Eastern!
^ My bike's brands!

2/21/2011 1:40 PM

Dk/oldscool908 wrote:

BUMP

No need to bump it so often. Only until it falls to the second page

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

2/21/2011 1:43 PM

... i'm waiting for greg, \bmx-1995/ to get on cuz he wants me to get the new killorado frame and this is how i'm gonna get money for it XD

|

I ride Eastern!
^ My bike's brands!

2/21/2011 1:43 PM

Disclaimers be jack shit now days.

|

2/21/2011 1:44 PM

haha pretty much. but i'd be good friends with pretty much anyone who i would do business with unless this gets like big.

|

I ride Eastern!
^ My bike's brands!