stem with gyro tabs built in

Related:
Create New Tag

4/17/2013 3:23 PM

i am wondering if there is a stem with the gyro plate tabs welded on the side. is there such thing? other than the gay looking odyssey one.

|

4/17/2013 3:24 PM

Yeah, s&m and primo has one.. I've seen them.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/17/2013 3:26 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

still able to buy them? or do i have to find a use one?

|

4/17/2013 3:27 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

greenbastard wrote:

still able to buy them? or do i have to find a use one?

No clue if they still make them.. I've seen them on bmx museum.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/17/2013 3:38 PM

Companies used to make them before, don't know of anyone still producing them.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/17/2013 3:44 PM

I don't think anyone makes them anymore but you can always just super glue a gyro plate to a stem

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

4/17/2013 5:21 PM

im thinking of cutting the plate and welding the tabs to the side of the stem. ill post pics of this process as i go.

|

4/17/2013 11:25 PM

They were very common before, but no one makes anymore. Why do you want one anyway?

|

4/18/2013 3:17 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

They were very common before, but no one makes anymore. Why do you want one anyway?

if i put the plate under my stem it doesnt have enough pull. but if it were up 1/4 inch higher i would achieve the right amount of pull and my brakes would work great. i dont have the room with my forks. i cut them thinking i wouldnt want to run brakes on this bike.

|

4/18/2013 3:24 AM

Welding aluminum isn't an easy task. It's not like MIG weldin or TIG welding tubing. Make sure you raw the stem and plate first so you don't ge contamination from the anodizing

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/18/2013 5:08 AM

Yea primo make one they are ok apart from the tabs breaking off

|

ride or die

4/18/2013 9:18 AM

greenbastard wrote:

im thinking of cutting the plate and welding the tabs to the side of the stem. ill post pics of this process as i go.

Hope you have the ability/welder to weld ALUMINUM.

TIG welding is what you would do, and as stated above, clean all paint/anodizing off the material, Then RIGHT before you weld it you need to take a wire brush to the surfaces. Aluminum corrodes incredibly fast, and by that I mean not rust, but impurities.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/18/2013 1:18 PM

Just get a Gyro Plate that rises (A non-Flat one).

|

4/20/2013 1:44 AM

just an idea but maybe you could figure out how to fit it under your stem bolt

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

4/20/2013 3:52 AM

And odyssey elementary has build in gyro plate if u buy it seperatly

|

4/20/2013 11:13 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Hope you have the ability/welder to weld ALUMINUM.

TIG welding is what you would do, and as stated above, clean all paint/anodizing off the material, Then RIGHT before you weld it you need to take a wire brush to the surfaces. Aluminum corrodes incredibly fast, and by that I mean not rust, but impurities.

im a millwright and work in a machine shop with almost every welding ticket you can think of. except underwater. That would be awesome.

|

4/20/2013 11:15 AM

jakub.czuba.14 wrote:

And odyssey elementary has build in gyro plate if u buy it seperatly

did you not read the post? or just the title

|