sticky enough brake pads

Related:
Create New Tag

8/8/2015 2:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/8/2015 2:12 PM

I'm looking for brake-pads for my front brake build.
which of these are sticky enough / have best brake control?

Kool stops
Salmon pads
Eclat force
Odyssey clear

Or should I just(/grow lol) get a pair and not be so picky?

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

8/8/2015 2:14 PM

clear pads + chrome rim

|

8/8/2015 2:15 PM

itz polished

|

please embed videos

My art c:

[b]

8/8/2015 3:39 PM

Get the Vans Shoes pads

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/8/2015 3:43 PM

The eclat ones are great. (never tried the others)
By a general way clear pads are always more sticky.
Coupled with a chrome rim it should be awesome (never rode chrome rims, but they were sticky enough do to brake tricks on my black rims so...).

|

8/8/2015 6:16 PM

I just put on a set of oddessy slimbyfour clear pads... I'm not too happy with them so far.

First, I didn't toe them in (they're flat) and I got worse rim squeals with those then I did with my oddessy ghost pads.

That lasted about 30 seconds.

Then I toed them in and it did quiet them down initially, but after being in contact with the rim and applying even more pressure to the brake lever they vibrate really bad and make more noise then the squealing.

... Maybe i have them toed to in too much. Maybe the oddessy evo 2 brake arms have to much play in them. I dunno.

I'll figure it out, but initially I'm not pleased with them.

|

8/8/2015 6:41 PM

Nwewinit wrote:

I just put on a set of oddessy slimbyfour clear pads... I'm not too happy with them so far.

First, I didn't toe them in ...more

That's how clear pads work. 99% of them.

Salmon or dual compound Kool Stop BMX pads are the best I've had so far. Awesome stopping power and absolutely silent and smooth.

|

8/8/2015 8:28 PM

Nwewinit wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Salmon or dual compound Kool Stop BMX pads are the best I've had so far. Awesome ...more

I really miss old/mid school brushed aluminum rims... I dislike polished, colored, chromed rims. They're noisemakers.

|

8/8/2015 9:27 PM

Odyssey slim by fours are great.

|

8/8/2015 9:32 PM

Nwewinit wrote:

ive got the ghost pads on the springfeild brakes, with a chromed odyssey hazard lite, i was hauling ass down a pretty steap sidewalk/ hill, i got onto the flat, and hit the brakes, silent but deadly, nearly threw me off the brakes worked so damn good... I dont know why your having such a hard time with the ghost pads, but the only time mine ever gave me any noise was when my wheel went out of true after some bad whips... try truing your wheel?

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

8/8/2015 9:43 PM

Nwewinit wrote:

dkTechEthan wrote:

ive got the ghost pads on the springfeild brakes, with a chromed odyssey hazard lite, i was hauling ass down a pretty steap ...more

Lol, my oddessy ghosts just wore out, they're tapered. After they went flat, they squeal. They're fine. My only problem is I smoked em.

I bought slim by fours just to try them and had trouble straight outta the box. But like I said earlier I'll figure it out (as in dial them in.) they're brand new.

|

8/9/2015 7:26 AM

Nwewinit wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Salmon or dual compound Kool Stop BMX pads are the best I've had so far. Awesome ...more

Either clear Fly's or Kool Stop Eagle 2s in salmon are the best.

|

8/9/2015 8:51 AM

I have tried almost every pair in the book and I am set with box x-rays, hands down the stickiest pair I've ever had. I like my brakes to lock the back up and nothing less and thats what these do plus you can replace just the pads when they wear out and not the whole brake.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

8/9/2015 9:30 AM

Didn't really like my odyssey ones when I ran them, kool stops were my second favorite I've ridden, but hands down eclats have been the best for me.

|

Support your local bike shop.
Instagram:gobeil4130

8/9/2015 10:02 AM

Smear a small amount of ketchup on your rim and your breaks will work insanely instant , can't remember who told me to try that years ago but i did and it worked insanely well

|

8/9/2015 12:38 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Smear a small amount of ketchup on your rim and your breaks will work insanely instant , can't remember who told me to try ...more

are you joking? no seriously.

|

please embed videos

My art c:

[b]

8/9/2015 3:08 PM

I'm serious on the ketchup thing it works insanely good , think it was this old school rider one of my buddy's dads who told us that try it out I'm not kidding , it does make your brakes loud though but being loud is kickass

|

8/10/2015 8:07 AM

Coopers25 wrote:

clear pads + chrome rim

OH MY GOD THIS.

That's what I have now (swapped out my Red Demo Zeros for chrome Big Ballers) AND holy crap they work REALLY WELL. Like lock up OTB with one finger.

Also, the trick we had BEFORE clear pads/different compounds were common was Soda, or SIMPLE GREEN on the rim, a few mins to dry and then ride.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/10/2015 8:23 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

OH MY GOD THIS.

That's what I have now (swapped out my Red Demo Zeros for chrome Big Ballers) AND holy crap they work REALLY ...more

I've never seen it first hand but they say that because its so sticky that the pad can rip off the stud then a stud grinds your wheel so I've been cautious of trying clear on chrome haha.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

8/10/2015 8:45 AM

Clear Odyssey Slim By Fours is what i ran when i ran brakes.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

8/10/2015 10:33 AM

Coopers25 wrote:

clear pads + chrome rim

dave lawrence wrote:

OH MY GOD THIS.

That's what I have now (swapped out my Red Demo Zeros for chrome Big Ballers) AND holy crap they work REALLY ...more

Ricked_Em wrote:

I've never seen it first hand but they say that because its so sticky that the pad can rip off the stud then a stud grinds ...more

Well, I haven't gotten a full session on the Chrome wheels yet...

I will keep you guys posted. My clear pads are a little odd after use on the red rims as well.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/11/2015 2:33 PM

I might not need new pads if I keep ketchup handy. but I think ill get the Vans or the Eclat pads
Thanks all

|

please embed videos

My art c:

[b]

8/12/2015 8:40 AM

ECLAT are not bad.

I've got some and a chrome rim.

Squeals like a pork going in the killing machine!

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

8/12/2015 3:15 PM

Ahh simple green trick, a flatlanders instant go-to solution for on the dot brakes

|