stopping mechanism

Related:
Create New Tag

4/2/2015 11:13 PM

I've been out of the game for a while, last i posted i was trying to sell my bike, ended up selling it to a homie and built a new bike since then. only thing I haven't installed is a set of brakes. the last set I rode was the odyssey evo II's just wondering if anyone has an opinion on a set that possibly surpasses the evos that has been made recently. all opinions welcome

|

4/3/2015 2:14 AM

no, evo's are still the best

|

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start, to be great...

4/3/2015 3:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2015 4:59 AM

Evo's ll are a great choice (even if i never had ride with it, any brake can be good with a nice setting).
Otherwise, i got a flybikes manual brake, and it works very well, i particulary love the pinch cable and the possibilty to set the size of one of the two last cables (sorry for the missing vocabulary on brakes (i'm french) here is a pitcure to show you).

|

4/3/2015 9:48 AM

i always liked the idea of flys brakes and those new ones look awesome, just really pricey, maybe ill fork out the cash for a pair

|

4/3/2015 9:54 AM

STOPPERS! WOOO!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/3/2015 3:46 PM

I've ran almost every brake system out there and I came back to the Fly manuals. Super simple setup and work awesome.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

4/5/2015 5:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/6/2015 9:15 AM

So these are the brakes I've used;

Evos kinda suck for tire clearance, but feel great with the weaker springs

Springfield's are pretty sick if you don't like working on your bike. I went through a few springs when I first had them, but the newer ones come with better springs. Also, I can't decide if I like ghost pads or not. Easy to install, but kinda squishy.

Eclats have a shitton of tire and chain clearance if you have chain stay mounts, but I kinda think they flex more than anything else I've used.

I just got a set of Promax ERKs. Not much tire clearance, most likely less than the evos, but so far, really really stiff and cool looking

|

4/5/2015 9:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/5/2015 9:22 PM

I ran evo II's on my last setup and fly's on my current one.

the fly brake feels cleaner and gave me less issues setting up, though i haven't ridden it long enough to see how durable it is.

the evo's are solid with minimal flex but like tecnic1 said, the stiff springs don't feel too sharp. use the weaker ones provided. also the aluminum started pitting a little after 2 years.

the springfield brakes feel mushy and aren't the most precise, but are more or less maintenance free from my experience

|

4/5/2015 10:15 PM

Evo IIs are good. My favorite are the demolition vulcan v. 2s. They have sealed bearing pivots and feel really good.

|